Chapter 22

Florence's POV

I was still curled up in Johnny's arms when I the fuzz came. I didn't want to look. I just closed my eyes and breathed heavily into Johnny's chest. I love what he smells like; it relax's me. "Ma'am, may we talk to you?"

"O-of c-c-course." I pulled away from Johnny and followed the cop. "Y-yes?"

"Are you okay, Miss..." He paused.

"Florence Matthews. I'm fine, I'm sort of use to it."

"Use to it?"

"Yes. Before I ran away my father abused me for years."

"Years? So, this isn't the first time?"

"No."

"What exactly did he do to you?"

"He pulled my hair, yelled at my friends and I. He slapped me two times and then tried to rape me before he hit me with a pan several times." It took him time to process what I just said.

"And how did you respond?"

"Well it was the first time I had fought back. I elbowed him in the stomach and bashed his head against my knee. He had put me in hospital several times and almost killed me! I wasn't going to let him do it again to me."

"How long have you been away from your father?"

"2 maybe 3 months."

"Okay, thank you. Who has been looking after you?"

"My mother but when she is at work my brother looks after me."

"How old is your brother?"

"18."

"Thank you. You may go now." I nodded and ran back into Johnnys arms. He stroked my hair which was now out of its plait. He wrapped his jacket around me again.

We were all sat on the couch. Me in Johnny's arms and everyone sat around us looking at me sympathetically. Two-Bit was talking to the cops in the kitchen. They were quiet until Two-Bit started yelling. "No! You can't take her away! Our mother is looking after her! She's happy here!" It was silent. "No! I won't let you take her! Her family is here! She has friends here! Her life is finally better and you and all your other idiots are going to ruin it for her!" I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"What's going on?"

"Flo, go back into the other room." Two-Bit was queit when he spoke to me.

"No, I want to know what's going on?"

"Florence Matthews, I'm sorry but you will be taken to a care home for girls."

"You what?" I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"You are going to stay in a care home until everything is sorted and we have a place for you stay."

"I do have a place for me to stay. Here."

"You legally belong to your father so you can not stay here. Atleast not until you have a place to live." I started crying.

"I'm not going and you can't make me." Just then a cop came down the stairs with my black duffel bag.

"I got some clothes packed."

"What do you think your doing?!" Soon the whole gang was behind me with Johnny's arm around my waist and holding me tight.

"You have to come with us." He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of Johnny's arm.

"No, I'm not going!" He started to drag me out of the house and I pulled back trying to get away.