Chapter 14

Florence's POV

I didn't know what to say. I felt anger and sadness build up inside of me. To make things worse everyone was staring at me like I just killed someone. I just stood there, how can someone have this much affect on a person. I stood there paralyzed not being able to move or even breath. "I-I'm going to get dressed, excuse me." I finally choked out.

"I'll meet you at home. You going to be okay walking by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I ran to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes glazed over. I have never cried over a boy before and I'm not going to start now. I started to get ready when there was a knock on the door.

"Florence, I'm sorry I caused you and Dally to fight." I heard Johnny's quiet voice on the other side of the door.

"It's not your fault. Dally's over reacting, don't worry about it. It will all be sorted by tomorrow, I promise you."

"Okay, Flo." I heard him shuffle away.

When I got home I decided I would take a shower and put on some remotely clean clothes, my top had some grease on it from when Steve and Soda came round after work and it stained my top but I didn't really care. I ended up wearing black skinny jeans I ripped up and one of Two-Bit's old Mickey mouse tops I cut into a crop top. I was also wearing a leather jacket with my white converse. I left my hair in its natural curls and tied a bandana in. I did wing eyeliner and then put on some red lipstick. When I was done I thought I would go on a hunt for Dally to see if he had cooled off. Two-Bit had gone back to the Curtis' so I just went to find Dally by myself.

I had looked everywhere I thought Dally would be and there was one last place I thought of to look. Bucks. I bashed my fist on the door making sure he heard me knock. The door swung open. "What do you want?"

"I'm here to see Dally." He started smiling.

"You must be Florence. He's up in his room."

"Okay, thanks Buck."

"No problem, kid."

I ran up the stairs and swung Dally's door open. I felt my heart snap in half. How could he? Dally had his top off and was on his bed with a girl who was in her bra and pants. Neither of them realised I was here. I couldn't speak up, no words were coming out. I finally blurted. "How could you?" Dallas turned to look at me and he was shocked to see me. I looked at the blonde broad on his bed who was smirking at me. It was the same girl that beat me up that night at the drive in. "You. I forgot to thank you for the scar you gave me on the side of my head." She just smiled. I turned back to Dally who had guilt written all over his face. "I hate you Dallas Winston! I-I trusted you and now I see that was a bad idea to do."

"Let me explain-"

"What's to explain, Dally? Don't ever talk to me again." I tried to hold the tears back. He started walking towards me. "NO! Get away from me." I ran out the door and I could here Dally yelling my name. 

I stopped running when I knew that Dally wasn't behind me. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and watched my feet as I walked. I wasn't going to cry over Dallas Winston. He wasn't worth my tears. I was a block away from the Curtis' when a car pulled up next to me. "Look at the lonely little greaser." I turned around.

"Shut up. I'm not in the fucking mood for your bullshit."

"Feisty. This is going to be fun." He pulled out a switchblade.

"Too scared to fight me skin on skin are we?"

"Course not!" He threw his blade to one of his buddies and started walking towards me. He shoved me to the ground and slugged me a couple of times in the face. I would have fought back but I didn't see the point anymore. His friend threw the switchblade back and he heald it to my neck. "Why aren't you fighting back, huh?" He smirked.

"There's no point. I want to die anyway. You're basically helping me." He looked taken back. He sliced my neck a little bit and kicked me in the head. I just layed there numb. I felt him slug me and kick me a couple more times. I felt him stand on my stomach and making it hard for me to breath. I layed there for a couple of minutes after they left. Why didn't he kill me? I stood up with blood dripping from my head and stomach. I couldn't walk on my ankle because I had sprained it. My sides hurt from where he kicked me but I just kept walking like a zombie. I was a couple of houses from the Curtis' when I burst into tears and I didn't even care anymore. I walked into the house where the whole gang was sitting on the couch watcing Mickey except for Dally and Soda. "Where's Sodapop?" My voice sounded calm considering I was jumped and was in tears.

"Florence, what happened to you? Let me get Darry." Two-Bit stood up. Everyone was staring at me.

"Where's Soda?!" I shouted it and this time it didn't sound calm. You could tell I was angry and I was crying. I cried harder when Two-Bit tried to hug me. "No! I need Soda now!" Soda came running down the stairs.

"What's all this noise about? Florence? What happened?"

"Give me my switchblade now! I do not care if you are trying to keep me safe or protect me just give me my fucking switchblade, Soda!"

"No, Florence. Whatever happened to you we can help you get through it." He started walking closer to me.

"No! Get away from me! All of you! I just want to die! I just want my switchblade!" I ran out the house with everyone shortly behind me. I didn't know where I was running I just knew I needed them to stop following me but they wouldn't. I ended up near a lake and I thought I lost them. I screamed and started kicking a tree and crying. In the corner of my eye I saw the gang staring at me. I took my shoes off and my jacket off and took my bandana off and threw them all into a pile. I turned to look at them and they were all shocked, some of them even crying a little bit. I blew them all kiss and jumped into the lake. I heard Two-Bit shouting. "She can't swim you guys! We need to help her!" Part of me wanted to be saved another part of me wanted to die. I just closed my eyes and let life take it's course. I felt someone grab my arm and pull me onto the grass next to the lake. I started coughing up blood and water. "NO! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT! NO I NEED TO DIE, LET ME DIE!" I started shaking and someone pulled me into a hug. 

"Shh, Florence. Relax, Relax." I sat there shaking in Someone's arms and I didn't even care. Soon I drifted off to sleep right there next to the place I tried to kill myself. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so depressing. I cried writing this chapter too. I hope this chapter wasn't too depressing or set anyone of but if it was I'm sorry my fellow pineapples. There is one more chapter that is sort of sad but after that none of them are about killing themselves or self-harm. Sorry again if I set anyone off, I know what it's like.