Chapter 18

I woke up in my own bed by myself. I wish I could just forget last night but I couldn't. I told myself not to think about it went about my day like nothing happened. I decided on having a lazy day because I didn't feel to good. I hoped into the shower and washed my hair with my favourite strawberry shampoo. I put on on sweats and one of Two-Bits old t-shirts that's massive on me. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and walked downstairs to find Two-Bit passed out on the couch. " Two, wake up." He stirred a little bit and I started shaking him. "Two-Bit wake up."

"No."

"Keith Matthews get up off of the couch before I get you up myself!" He slowly pulled himself up.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just didn't want to sit on the floor." I flopped down next to him.

"You're not dressed?"

"No, I don't feel to hot so I thought I would have a lazy day. Watch some Mickey and pig out on the food."

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No you go out with the guys. It's sunday so everyone is off work."

"Why don't I ask them all to come round here?"

"No, Two-Bit, I'm not really in the mood to see Johnny or Ponyboy."

"Why? What happened? Just yesterday ya'll were acting like best friends."

"Yeah, but that was before they ditched me for some soc and told me to scram. And then Pony slapped me-"

"Pony slapped you?!" Two-Bit was fuming. His fists clenched which made his knuckles go white.

"Let me finish would ya?" He nodded still angry though. "Before he slapped me I called them both assholes and poured my coke all over this soc girl. She totally wigged out and shouted at Pony. Which made him wig out and he slapped me. The second he did it he apologized. They were acting so weird though, like someone told them to do all that. And when they told me to get lost they had a sympathetic look in there eye." I flicked the tv on and got comfortable on the couch.

"I'm going to be right back." Two-Bit stood up and I knew exactlly where he was going. I had to go after him before he beat Pony to a pulp. I tucked my shirt into my sweats and slipped on my converse and tried to run after him which was hard considering my ankle and I didn't have any crutches. I finally caught up with Two-Bit just as he was about to open the Curtis' gate. "Two-Bit stop. Just leave it, it was probably my fault anyway. I caused them to do that." Darry walked out before Two-Bit could reply.

"What's going on out here?"

"Is Pony and Johnny here?"

"Yeah, the whole gang is here. Why?" Two-Bits fists clenched again making them go white and his face was red with anger. He stormed past Darry and into the house with me limping after him.

"Did you slap my kid sister?" He pointed his finger at Ponyboy. Ponyboy froze in fear.

"Two-Bit just drop it. I deserved it."

"No you didn't, Florence. You didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault." I looked at Pony who gave me a weak smile.

"You hit Flossy, Ponyboy?" Darry was stood behind me with a face full of anger.

"Yes, but I didn't mean to."

"How can you not mean to slap someone in the face after some soc chick told you to?" Two-Bit was getting a lot angrier. "And you." He turned to face Johnny. "How dare you tell my sister to get lost. You were like her best friend, Johnny. What the hell happened?!" Two-Bit was trying to calm down but he wasn't doing a very good job.

"I can explain, Two." Two-Bit turned back to Pony who was now stood up trying to look tough.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Johnny and I was about to get jumped by Bob and Randy and their friends but they made a deal with us instead. They said that we had to do everything they told us or they would hurt us and you guys. We even had to listen to Cherry and her friend Marcia last night while we were with them. She told us to tell you those things and it honestly killed both of us saying that to you, Flo. She told me to slap you or she would tell Bob that we weren't listening to her. They said that if we told anyone they would kill us and hurt you guys real bad. I didn't want to take the risk. I'm real sorry, Flo. I didn't mean to cause everything last night." He looked down at his shoes.

"It's fine, Pony. Honest. Now can we go home 'cause I aint feeling to good."

"What's wrong, Flossy?" He felt my forehead. "You got a fever. Come lay down."