Chapter 9

Dally's POV

After Johnny stormed out I knew it was now or never to make my move on Flo. She was sat next to me and was just staring at the wall in front of her. She had no emotion on her face. I pulled her closer to me and she didn't pull away. Progress. "Does he not want to be around me? I really though he cared about me. God I'm such an idiot." She put her face in her hands. 

"Don't worry about him, Flo. He was a jerk anyway. You can cry if you want. I won't mind." She lifted her head up.

"I don't cry. I find other ways of letting my anger out." Her fists clenched and I pulled her into a hug. Is Dallas Winston going soft. I don't care anymore. To my surprise she didn't pull away she just hugged me back. It felt amazing to finally have her in my arms. "Do you want to go sit outside for a bit?" I asked her. She nodded still hugging me. We both stood up and slowly walked outside, everyones eyes were on us and the tension was heating off of all of them. We both sat on the steps leading up to the house. She just sat there staring at nothing again. Her hair was perfectly flowing in the wind. 

I broke the silence. "You see, Flo, you probably think that I'm a bad guy that sleeps around with a lot of broads. The truth is I did sleep around with a lot of chicks, but that all changed when I met you. I have never felt this way about anybody, ever. I really like you, Flo. A lot more than just friends. I know that both Steve and Soda like ya Alot too. Ponyboy likes you too but he is just to scared to make a move. I'm not really sure with Johnny because he hasn't really changed since you got here. You would probably be better of with anyone other than me so I don't know why I'm about to ask you this. But would you like to go out sometime with me, like on a date?" I felt my cheeks heat up and I was completely vunerable. She was silent for a long time so I knew she was going to say no.

"Yes."

"What?" I was so surprised, maybe I heard her wrong.

"Yes, I'll go out with you." I started smiling like an idiot. I pulled her into a hug and she didn't pull away, she just hugged back.

Johnny's POV

I was walking along still angry at Two-Bit but I knew I needed to apologize to everyone. I was getting close to the Curtis' house when I saw Florence and Dally sat on the steps. They were hugging. "Pick me up at six." She kissed him and theen without another word she stood up and walked back inside the house. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. My whole world was crumbling around me all because of Dallas Winston. He knew how much I liked her and then he went and asked her out. I couldn't go in there now, I'd probably burst into tears right there and then. But I knew I had to be the bigger man. I shoved my hands in my pockets and stared at my feet as I strolled towards the house. 

"Hey Johnnycake." I glared at Dally. I wanted to just run away and die in a hole. 

I walked into the house and sat down on the couch. "I want to apologize for the way I acted. It was uncalled for. Two-Bit I promise you nothing happened. I know how much you love your little sister. And Florence..." I was broken off by Florence wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Don't worry about it Johnny. You don't need to say your sorry, you didn't say anything to me. You'll always be my best friend no matter what."

Best friend. Best friend. Best friend. I don't want to be just best friends, I want to be more than just best friends... A lot more. I just can't believe she said yes to Dally and I need to accept that she doesn't like me the way I like her. 

Florence's POV

 I like him a lot more than just riends and he just doesn't understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually loved writing this chapter and I don't even know why? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter you amazing looking marshmallows. Why do I keep calling you guys food?