c h a p t e r 1

23rd April 2018

Hollie's P.O.V

'Hollie, darling, wake up' My mum said as she walked into my bedroom and over to my bed that I was peacefully sleeping in.

'Uhhhhh' I moaned as I rolled over facing my mum.
'Happy 18th Birthday! It's your big one so I have a big surprise'. She says as she goes into the hallway and grabs a box. I sit up and reach for my phone checking the time: 7am, as she makes her way back over to the bed.

'Mum if it's that stupid jumpy thing that you bring out every year I'm gonna be so annoyed.' I say a little annoyed that I was woken up at 7am on a Saturday. She just laughs and hands me the box.

'Again if it's the jumpy thingy I will be so pissed off mum' I say with a slight giggle at the end.
'No, no, no it's not I promise! You are going to LOVE this! Trust me!' she says with too much enthusiasm for 7am.

I open the box and see a plane ticket! It says London Heathrow to JFK New York.
'WHAT! NO F-ING WAY! OMG mum I love so so so so much right now! Thank you so so so much!!!!' I almost scream as I jump up in the bed and give my mum the BIGGEST hug imaginable.

'Like I said Hollie it's your big one and I wanted to do something special.'

'I'm just thinking about the shopping' I say and we both laugh. We both stand up and my mum walks downstairs into the kitchen and I go to the bathroom. I jump in the shower, wash my hair and shave. When I get out I change into this:

 When I get out I change into this:

I loosely curled my hair:

and slip on my Adidas shoes (in top picture) and put light makeup on before walking downstairs

My mum was stood in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast so I sat down at the table.
'Mum I love you so much, thank you for everything. This gift of going to New York is amazing!' I say as she brings over the pancakes and some fruit to the table.

'Honey, no problem!' she exclaims as we start to eat.
'Wait when do we go?' I ask
'Today! In 4hours actually so we need to leave here to get to the airport in 1hour.' She says as I look at her in shock and run to my room to pack.

~TIME SKIP~

After getting off the plane, grabbing our luggage and making our way to the taxi. We make it to the hotel and drop our bags off. I look at the time on my phone and it reads: 1:36pm. New York time so we still have the afternoon and evening to explore NYC.
'Honey' my mum says as she motions me over to sit on the bed. 'I have another very exciting present for you'.

'What? Really? As well as the New York trip? You really didn't need to get me anything else!' I say with a wide smile.
'Here you go' She says as she passes me a white envelope saying "Happy 18th Birthday Gorgeous!"

I look at her confused as I open the envelope to reveal inside some more tickets. But they weren't plane tickets.

'OMFG MUM! No you didn't!' I say screaming and engulfing her in a hug.
'WHY DON'T WE TICKETS! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO F-ING MUCH CAROLINE THOMAS!' I belt out as she smiles and laughs at me because I used her full name.

'So you're happy then?' she asks jokingly. I had no words so I just flopped back onto the bed which resulted in me falling onto the floor. My mum and I both laughed as she helped me up.

'When?' I asked with excitement
'Tonight!' she said as she walked into the bathroom.
'Eekkkkk' I squealed

Tonight's going to be the best night, I could just tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It gets a lot more interesting as it goes on. Lots of emotional things happen.

Okay so this is my first ever book! I hope you like it! Can't wait to continue writing this. It may be a while In-between updates due to school, time and access ability. But just hang in there! Thanks for reading the first chapter!