c h a p t e r 23

22nd March 2019

Hollie's diary

Dear diary,
This last two and a half weeks in Australia have been hard but also great. We obviously flew out here to say a proper goodbye to my dad but then spent the rest of the time here exploring.

Dad's funereal was hard. To be honest I didn't know dad that well as he moved away so long ago. Of course it was sad but it was more of a celebration of his life rather then the sadness of his passing.

Lily and Mum flew back to England a week ago and Daniel and I are on our flight to England right now. We are flying into Heathrow and then staying at my families house in the countryside. It's about a three hour drive from the airport and somewhere new to show Daniel.

It's Daniel's birthday in 11 days and I don't really have anything special planned. He's going to be 20 and I feel I need to do something but with everything that's happened I haven't had time.

Oh we're landing, got to go
-Hollie Seavey :)

Hollie's P.O.V

'Gorgeous' I whisper into Daniel's ear. He slowly opens his eyes and smiled widely at me. He stretches his arms and rubs his face. He's so cute and my husband. It sounds so weird saying husband and that I'm a wife.

'Hello beautiful' he quickly says before kissing my cheek and standing up to get the hand luggage out of the hold.

~TIME SKIP~

We reached my family's farm house. It's adorable and been in the Thomas family for 100's of years. I honestly think the stables are haunted because several times when I was a child strange things would happen in there.

I showed Daniel up to our room. The house was old and had confusing corridors. Our room was on the top floor in the converted attic. The corridors and staircases where all over the place and were tight and small. Some steps lead to one room and to another and didn't have much logic. We managed to carry the suitcases up the stairs and into our room.

'I forgot how beautiful this place is' i said whilst looking out of the small circular window at the wide open fields, reminiscing about when I was small. I felt warm arms snake around my body and then a weight on my shoulder.

'I love you'
'I love you too'

I turned around and kissed him. 'Lets go downstairs' I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the staircase and into the cosy farmhouse kitchen.

This is what the rest of the house looks like by the way:

'Hey mum' I said walking into the kitchen with Daniel by my side

'Hey mum' I said walking into the kitchen with Daniel by my side. My nose was suddenly hit with the smile of a homemade roast dinner. I looked at Daniel as his face lit up.

'Mrs Thomas, whatever your cooking smells amazing' he said as he pulled out a chair from the wooden table. I walked over to mum and gave her a hug from behind. 'It smells yummy'

'Thank you, it's an English roast. Have you ever had one Daniel?' She asked turning around with a wooden spoon in one hand and a cloth in the other. 'No I haven't but it smells amazing' he replied.
'Well this one is going to be the best meal you have ever eaten' I said walking over to Danny and giving him a kiss on the head. He chuckled.

'It will be ready in an hour so go and do something' my mum said, turning back around and stirring the gravy. I grabbed Daniel's hand and pulled him into the living room.

'Let's watch some English telly?' I asked sitting down on the sofa. 'Okay I'm just gonna get a glass of water. Do you want some?'

'No thank you' I replied, turning on the TV guide.

Daniel's P.O.V

'Okay I'm just gonna get a glass of water. Do you want some?' I asked Hollie as she turned on the TV.

'No thank you' she replied, turning on the TV guide.

I walked back into the kitchen to see Caroline sat at the table with her head in her hands. I didn't want to scare her so I knocked on the door.

*knock knock*

Caroline's head rose up and then she quickly wiped a tear.
'Caroline are you okay?' I asked walking over to her. I pulled up a chair and sat opposite to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.
'Oh hi dear, yes I'm fine. Just thinking.'

'If you need anything, I can always talk.'
I smiled earning a smile in reply.
'Thank you Daniel. For everything. For making Hollie so happy. I know it was hard back in December but just know the Rose will forever be in my heart. You bring so much light to this world and I'm more than happy to call you my son in law.' Caroline brought me into a hug as I wiped a small tear from my eye.

After a while I walked back into the living room and cuddled up next to a sleepy Hollie. We both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oi oi I'm back. Hope you enjoyed this. I haven't uploaded in a while and today I had the opportunity to write so I did. I again don't know when I will next upload.

READ MY OTHER BOOK
Falling- Jack Robert Avery

^^^^
You can find it on my profile

Thanks xx