c h a p t e r 30

13th November 2019, moments after

I walked into Dad's closet. It was neat and tidy. Everything was organised in colour order and had some place to live. I looked through his clothes and found an old t-shirt. It was navy blue and had the England football team logo on it. The sight of it made me smile, remembering all of the memories we had whilst wearing this shirt. I decided to take it and put it on. It was long, almost reaching my knees, and still smelt of him. I decided to keep it on as I looked through other old items of his.

Daniel's P.O.V

I sat on the end of Hollie's Dad's bed watching her as she looked through old clothes of his. She briefly looked before stopping at one shirt. Her lips grew into a smile as she pulled out a navy blue one that had the England football team logo on it. She glanced at it before putting it on. It made me smile but also feel sympathetic with all the things she had been through. Hollie continued to look through clothes, pictures and other items of her Dad's.

After about an hour Corbyn texted me.

C: Hey bro. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something but we kinda need you back at the hotel in about 45 mins. We have a briefing before we go to the venue at 4:30.

D: okay, no worries. We'll be there at 3:50. We are just looking through some old stuff.

C: okay. See you then

I put the phone down and walked over to Hollie who was sat at the desk looking through old photo albums. I touched her shoulder, 'Baby?' She looked up at me and I could tell she had been holding back tears as her eyes were glossy and red. 'The boys need us back at the hotel by 3:50 for a briefing before the show tonight' I explained. She nodded and placed her hand on mine before flipping through the photo album once more.

We arrived back at the hotel and slowly made our way up to where the boys were due to Hollie's condition. The boys and I had a quick briefing before we made our way to the venue at 4:30.

Hollie's P.O.V

9:26pm
I was sat in the green room alone while the boys were one stage performing. I decided not to go back stage as I needed a break and a bit of piece and quite. I watched a few videos on YouTube and scrolled through Instagram for a while. I got a bit thirsty so I, with a struggle, stood up and walked over to the mini fridge to grab a water. I reached the sideboard and was out of breath so I lent against it before opening the fridge door. Just before I did so I felt a trickle of water down my leg, followed with about a glass full. Crap. Just then an excruciating pain throbbed in my pelvis.

My water just broke. Crap.

I had a mini panic attack and started hyperventilating. I didn't know what to do. I was all by myself. I'd never done this before.
Thoughts flew around my head deciding what I was going to do. Suddenly, and to my advantage, Claire the venue manager walked through the door. She looked to the sofa where I was supposed to be and saw that I wasn't there. I saw slight, slight panic in her face. I managed to say her name causing her to notice me. She looked down and saw the pool of water that I was stood in. Quickly, she ran over to me and supported me as I straightened up.
'Hollie we need to get you to a hospital now'

'I need Daniel' I said to her and she helped me sit on the sofa. 'Okay, hang on' she told me as she pulled out her walkie-talkie. Into it she said 'Hollie's water has just broken and we need to take her to hospital right now. Tell Daniel asap!'

She then proceeded to call 000 (Australian emergency services) and requested an ambulance. A few moments later Daniel burst through the door and ran over to me. He knelt down next to me and grabbed my hand. 'Omg. Hollie are you okay?!' 'Yeah. It's really painful when I get contractions but at the moment I'm fine' I told him. 'Okay good.'

'I'm so sorry Daniel' I said to him. 'What for?' He asked. 'For stopping the show, all your fans must be so disappointed' I continued.
'Baby don't worry they will understand. The boys have continued and there's only 2 more songs anyway. Don't worry this is more important' I slightly smiled, still feeling a little guilty for stopping him from performing.
'How about Brisbane on the 15th and Sydney on the 17th?' I asked. 'I don't know but we'll sort it out I promise' he told me.

5 minutes after, the paramedics came in and helped me into a wheelchair and led me into an ambulance with Daniel following closely behind me. We drove 15 minutes to Mount Hospital. On the way I had several contractions and I was now in more pain then earlier.

I was taken to a small room on the top floor. It was modern and had a white interior. I was quickly rushed out of my dress and into a hospital dress and taken to the delivery room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading 😘

16/11/18