Chapter 13: Barrier

(Chara's p.o.v)

"Hey Chara." Frisk said "Hm?" we were lying down on the bed snuggling she turned and faced me "How do we get out of here?" I was token aback by that question and somewhat sad because the truth wasn't pretty. 

"Um, I need to collect eight human souls to break the barrier. W-we already have s-seven." I was honestly ashamed Frisk didn't seem to happy about it either, "What do you mean you already have seven?" she sat up and looked at me, I sighed and just looked at her. I'm sure she picked up on what I meant because...

"You killed them!?" I nodded hesitantly "Frisk what was I supposed to do, we needed their souls to break the barrier." even though I knew it was true, I still felt guilty "So you kill them! There's many different things you could have tried." I shook my head no "Frisk everything you could possibly be thinking of I tried."

"But you could've-" I interrupted her "Look, if I have to kill a couple of humans to get us out of here. I will do it!" she stood up and walked towards the door "Frisk where are you going?" I asked, she stopped and said "I just need some time to think." then walked out.

I got up and rushed over to my closet, out a shirt on and ran out. I caught up to Frisk and grabbed her arm taking her by surprise "Let go Chara." she said not looking at me "Not until you listen to the rest of what I have to say." Frisk sighed and turned around.

"Even though I said I would kill them I still feel guilty, if it was the younger me I would've slashed 'em all down out of pure hateread. But mom helped me realize, that's not who I am. That's why she was so disappointed when she found out I killed three humans." I started to see Frisk calm down a little, so I kept talking.

"When I killed those three humans they were all the same, begging for their life. So what I did to not think about it, I thought about what humans did to me when I was younger. I took my anger out on those kids, I know it wasn't right but...I had no choice." I fell onto my knees and looked at the ground, a couple of tears rolling down my cheek, I felt like a monster standing in front of an angel.

"I'm a demon, that kills innocent humans. I don't deserve to be called majesty or king, those are titles of a hero. Not a murder like me." Frisk bent down and gently grabbed my cheek "Don't say that, you only did what you thought was necessary." after she said that I felt a pair of lips on mine, so I kissed back.

(Frisk's p.o.v)

I felt bad for snapping on him, I had no idea he had that bad of a past that it could anger him enough to kill someone. But now I was actually curious about his past, I'll ask him at another time. I broke the kiss and looked him in his blood red eyes "If your a demon, then your my demon." he blushed and I chuckled "Finally a point for me!" Chara laughed "I'll get you for that!" he said then started tickling me.

"Noooo! No no stop!" I said between laughs, Chara stopped and chuckled "Got ya." I smiled and stood up "I'm hungry so I'm gonna make some food." Chara looked confused and I tried so hard not to laugh "Your gonna cook?" he asked.

((A/N theres gonna be a full explanation of Chara's past I promise X3))