Chapter 37: Blood and arguments

Chara walked back to the abandoned factory with such a dark and aggravated aura, Ashley ran up to him as he walked through the door, "Hey Cal-" she was cut off by him stabbing her in the stomach.

"Don't waste my time fool." he said coldly and let her drop to the floor, the boy kept looking around the place until the person he was searching for walked out holding a bowl of Ramen, "Oh hey Calvin." Jay said, his mouth full of food,

"Don't 'hey Calvin' me asshole, what did you do? Why do I look different?" Chara grabbed Jay by his throat making him drop his Ramen, "I-I dunno man! It's probably just the HATE running through your system!"

"Well then take it out!"

"I can't! The only way to get rid of HATE is with it's opposite!"

Chara's grip on his neck tightened, "And what would that be?" he asked, gritting his teeth as he spoke, "Love! Not the kind you gain by killing but the other one!" Jay squirmed trying to get out of the boy's grasp but it wasn't working.

Chara thought for a second then dropped Jay causing the boy to fall to the floor gasping for air, "Aye Jay, I want you to start goin' to my school alright?" the spiky-haired boy nodded, "I'll be back if things do go my way, also clean Ashley up."

The boy left and started heading towards Toriel's when he realized, he still was covered in blood and dust! He couldn't go to his mom's house like this! Chara looked around and saw a store across the street, he thought he'd pay like a normal person but when he checked his pockets they were empty.

Welp guess it's back to the original plan, kill everyone and take the clothes by force. Chara looked around the store and saw a few customers and one cashier, perfect. The boy swiftly walked over to one that was closest and stabbed them in the back, then went on to the next as if nothing happened.

He continued this until he got to the register, "Do you need anything sir?" the man asked, "Uh yeah, I'm kinda new 'round here and I just gotta know..." he paused, "Where is the best place to hide a store full of dead bodies?" the man laughed nervously, not sure if he was joking or not.

"Uhh, I don't know. Maybe the graveyard ha..Ha..." he said, Chara nodded slowly, "Then you got some work to do, don't cha.." the boy trailed off as he looked at the man's name tag, "...'Buster'...Welp have a nice day, also don't get caught loading those bodies into your truck!"

Buster looked at the floor and saw all the previous customers dead, his eyes widen and he looked at the young man walking out with brand new clothing on, wait...He didn't pay for that!

The nineteen-year-old walked down the street finally heading toward Toriel's place, he wore a blue t-shirt with a white long-sleeved flannel over it, ripped black jeans and black high-tops. He looked his age which was the perfect cover, the boy just hoped Toriel wouldn't notice the change in eye color.

Chara knocked on his mother's door but was surprised at who opened the door, there in front of him stood his girlfriend wearing a long white shirt with really high shorts, Frisk's eyes widen slightly and she stood there facing him in shock.

"Hey..." Chara said, smiling a little, Frisk was about to close the door when Chara put his hand in the way, "C'mon Frisk! It's me! Why can't you see that?!"

"Because your not yourself Chara! Whatever happened in those days you got kidnapped, it changed you! And because of that, you're a threat...As much as it pains me to say this...I can't let a threat near my family..." she said, looking at the floor. Chara was slightly hurt, sure he was insane now but he still loved her.

"I..." the boy was at a loss for words, "If...If that's how it is, then so be it..." Chara turned feeling like absolute shit, his heart had shattered to a thousand pieces, he'd never felt so hurt before. The teen just lost his best friend from childhood and his lover with only a few words.

Frisk watched as he walked away, an unbarring pain running throughout her entire body. She knew he wasn't the same just by his crazed eyes, and anyone with that look in their eyes is obviously dangerous. Right?

Once he was out of sight the girl closed the door, she ran upstairs causing concern to her mother, Az, and Amber. Frisk didn't care, she didn't care about anything anymore. The one thing she longed for the most, she couldn't trust.

The teenage girl ran to the room she slept in for the night and locked the door, falling onto the bed and crying her eyes out, if only she hadn't seen the hurt look on his face, if only he hadn't come by it would've made things a little easier for her.

Now she had to deal with the pain of the break-up she just brought onto herself, Amber knocked on the door to check on what she considered her older sister, "Hey Frisk, you okay?" the young girl asked.

"No! Go away!" Frisk's muffled voice cried from the other side, "What's wrong? You were fine a couple of minutes ago, who was at the door?"

"Who do you think?!"

Amber sighed, "Frisk please open the door, you're acting like a child. Which should mean a lot since it's coming from a child."  Frisk opened the door then walked right back to her bed, falling on it once again this time covering herself with covers.

Amber walked in and sat on the edge of her bed, "Look, Frisk, Calvin's going through some changes but he'll go back to normal! Then he can come back and go to school with you guys and everything will be fine!"

"Amber you don't understand..." Frisk said wiping her eyes, "I just broke up with him..." the young girl's eyes widen, and her jaw practically dropped, "What?! Why the hell would you do that?! Don't you love him?! Cal might be changing but he's still my brother! And I swore to myself that I wouldn't see him hurting anymore! I thought you of all people would understand that..."

"Of course I love him! I wouldn't be crying my eyes out if I didn't!... He's changing into something dangerous, you can tell by looking at him...And I can't endanger my family because I love him."

"But he is your family! Why don't you see that Frisk? I thought I was the clueless child but apparently I was wrong." Amber stood with balled fists and walked towards the door, Frisk sighed, "Where are you going?"

"To find my brother, that you obviously don't care about."