Chapter 19: The Surface

(3rd person)

It had been a year since monsters were freed from the underground, it had also been a year since the king died.
The monsters had made Frisk their queen and she had been ruling them since, Frisk gave the ambassador job to Sans and he gladly accepted it. Frisk had also been doing some serious scientific work with Alphys so she could revive Asriel, luckily they were able to do so.

(Frisk's p.o.v)

Alphys and I had just found out how to make an artificial monster soul, we celebrated for a little then got serious again "Are we ready to give this to flowey?" I asked, Alphys nodded and said "Yes your highness." I put up my hand signaling her to stop "Please just call me Frisk." she nodded.

We walked over to Flowey and startled him "You idiots! I told you I'm fine the way I am!" he screeched, I sighed and nodded at Alphys she nodded back. Alphys moved the soul closer to Flowey and suddenly their was a bright light, it was so bright I had to cover my eyes, soon after the light went away I uncovered my eyes and saw Asriel lying on the operation table unconscious.

After a couple of seconds Asriel shot awake and looked at us with the most horrified look on his face and was visibly shaking  "Who are you!? Where am I!? Where's my little brother!?" me and Alphys tried to calm him down "Asriel you need to calm down okay." I said, carefully walking towards him
"You didn't answer my questions!" he backed up into the wall, I looked at Alphys and she nodded and left, "I'll answer them but first I need you to calm down." 

Asriel hesitantly nodded and relaxed a little bit "Alright then, I'm waiting." I sighed and said "My name is Frisk and currently you are in a laboratory." he nodded, but quickly said "Where's Chara!?" I didn't really want to answer that question but I knew I had to.
"He's...Chara died a year ago." I said facing the ground, Asriel stood up "No your lying." I looked up at Asriel with tears in my eyes "I wish I was."

He started crying "Can you a least bring me to him?" Asriel said between tears, I nodded and started walking towards the exit of the lab.

-time skip-

(Asriel's p.o.v)

We walk all the way back to the underground, I'm still not sure if i can trust what she says but I guess I'll find out. She stops at the place I first found Chara, I could fell that I was about to cry, then it got worse when I saw my little brother lying motionless in the patch of buttercups.
I broke down in tears and started walking towards him 
Frisk stated crying as well, I bent down next to him and said "What happened to him?" Frisk sniffled, "He got into a fight and lost, before he died he manged to kill his opponent and told me to keep the monsters safe." she said, I couldn't believe it Chara never lost in a fight except...

I got a terrible vision that only lasted for five seconds but it was terrifying, I saw myself stabbing Chara and taking his soul then it ended. "It was me wasn't it." I asked, I turned around to face Frisk she looked down and nodded
I looked back a Chara and started to cry again "I'm sorry Chara, I wish I knew, I wish I never left when you begged me not to, I-i wish-" I was interrupted by Frisk putting her hand on my shoulder, she looked at me sadly and said "It wasn't your fault you weren't yourself, let's head back." I nodded and stood up.

Frisk started walking, I took one more glance at Chara and ran after her.

((A/N why do I do dis?))