Chapter 38: Dust...

Frisk walked through the ruins once again, looking at each wall, her eyes widen at what she saw. Everywhere she went inside the small area was covered in dust. Panic washed over her as she ran to Toriel's small house, the teen practically kicked the door down then started looking around frantically for a sign that goat mom was okay.

She found nothing.

Frisk ran down the hallway that leads to the big purple door, she froze in place when she saw a pile of dust with the same dress Toriel wore. The girl's eyes watered as she took a couple of steps forward, she knelt down in front of the dust and picked up the dress, Frisk saw a slash mark the went from the shoulder down to the waist.

Move on to the next and kill them!

A voice in her head yelled, it sounded slightly familiar but she did as told and walked through the doors, Frisk wasn't going to kill anyone but the voice didn't know that. The girl looked around snowdin for Sans, Papyrus, anyone! But instead, she found nothing except a dust-covered town.

Frisk walked from place to place looking for even one of her friends, each time she was struck with sadness when she found nothing but dust. As she continued walking she realized something: Chara!

The girl sprinted to the castle, remembering how to get there using the shortcut Chara showed her, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her.

She burst through the doors, "Chara!" Frisk called looking around every inch of the castle, "Chara!" she yelled louder this time, still no response.

The castle began to shake like it had that day, then there was a loud bang, Frisk's body filled with terror as she ran towards the doors to the barrier. The girl attempted to open them but they were locked, she banged and banged against them but to no success.

Then suddenly the door opened itself, Frisk ignored it and ran in praying she wasn't too late, her face turned pale as she laid eyes upon her boyfriend. For the second time, he laid there limp, Frisk shook her head in disbelief. 

Frisk placed her hand on his cheek and her eyes watered, "No...Not again...Please! I can't lose you again!" she pleaded, the girl cried into his chest, only this time no one was there to make her feel better, everyone was dead but her.

What was happening? Why was it happening? Frisk questioned in her head, what did she do to deserve such pain?

She couldn't take it anymore, Frisk screamed at the top of her lungs, she finally lost her sanity. The pain overtook her mind, she held her head as she fell back. The girl cried and cried, from physical and mental pain, it was too much.

"Look what you did Frisk, you killed them all. Everyone you love, Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Asriel, Asgore, Mettaton, MK, and even your own boyfriend. Chara."

A version of herself stood in front of her with a crazed smile, red eyes, and a worn dagger, the clone walked closer, "I can't believe you, I thought you loved them. They helped you, they made you forget about your horrible past and you repay them by cutting each and every one of them down!"

Frisk shook her head and covered her ears, "No! No! I didn't! I didn't do this!" her clone only laughed, it was a cold and demonic laugh, it gave Frisk shivers. 

"If you didn't then who did?"

Frisk refused to believe she did this, she was the "True Pacifist" right?! The angel in everyone's eyes! The one everyone thought was so perfect! The one that couldn't do any wrong! She couldn't even harm a fly! Right?!

Frisk screamed again, her head was killing her. The clone laughed again, "Look what you caused, now you'll be stuck with this guilt for the rest of your life. You're just like me now...You're a demon."

"Frisk wake up!" Chara said shaking her like crazy, she opened her eyes and frantically looked around the room, her breathing heavy and obvious sweat covering her body.

Frisk looked at the teen confusion striking her hard, "H-how..." she was able to huff out through heavy breaths,

"Amber brought me. We walked in the house to hear you screaming, I ran up here as fast as I could. You wouldn't wake up and it really scared me." he said, the boy's new blood red eyes shining with concern.

Frisk pulled him into a tight hug and cried into his shoulder, "They were dead! Everyone was dead! It was my fault! I killed them!" she yelled, Chara hugged her tighter, he didn't understand what she was talking about, everyone was fine.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Frisk repeated over and over, the teenage boy only comforted her instead of responding, eventually, she stopped crying and calmed down. 

"Try and get some sleep, okay Frisk? Call me if you need me." Chara was about to walk out when Frisk grabbed his arm, the girl looked at the floor causing her bangs to fall over her eyes, Chara looked back at her with a confused expression.

"Please...Stay here, don't leave me." she said quietly, Chara stood unmoving for a while then he smiled slightly, "Alright I won't go anywhere." he climbed in the bed and laid next to her, Frisk cuddled close to his chest and Chara wrapped his arms around her.

Frisk felt slightly safer, even if she was being held by a crazy person, at the moment she thought it was her who was crazy so his presence was much needed. She started drifting to sleep and as she did so she heard Chara whisper:

"I love you."