Two

Silence.

"I said who's there?" Ceci insisted.

"Look up." the voice instructed. Ceci looked up and stumbled back in shock as she saw a pretty good looking guy around her age with black hair and hazel/brown eyes, sitting on one of the branches of a tree. The boy waved.

"Who are you?" Ceci tilted her head

"You don't remember me?" he tilted his head and smiled widely. A Cheshire Cat smile. Ceci looked at the boy in confusion for a moment until suddenly, it hit her. Those eyes... that smile... all those years ago.

**

"Why are you even out here all alone?" he asked.

"I-I was playing hide and seek." she said. "Why are you?"

"Oh... I just am. I don't live far from here..." he said quietly.

"What's your name?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Cyrus." He replied.

**

"Cyrus?" she asked tentatively.

"So you do remember me?" he questioned. "Well I guess that's a good start." Ceci just nodded.

"You're a lot quieter than you were when I met you all those years ago." he said, looking down at her.

"Y-you disappeared..." she ignored his comment. "One second you were next to me and the next you weren't."

"I know." he nodded. "Because I wasn't meant to stray that far away from the forest in the first place."

"No..," Ceci shook her head. "Ally didn't see you. She appeared five seconds after I left your side. I would have heard you run." Cyrus paused for a minute and then tilted his head again.

"You're the daughter of Alice, aren't you?"

"Yes..." she nodded. "How'd you know?"

"You have, let's just say, her curious qualities." he shrugged. "And the blue eyes and blonde hair."

"And the slight craziness." Ceci said. "No need to say it."

"We're all crazy." Cyrus said. "I am too."

"That's not true." Ceci looked down at the floor.

"All the best people are crazy." he shrugged. "It's a known fact, especially in Wonderland."

"Wait... in Wonderland? You've been there?" Ceci asked, shocked.

"The only way to Wonderland is through a rabbit hole." Cyrus said. "But I've heard a lot about it."

"From whom?"

"Have you ever given a thought to who my father is?" he asked, smiling again. She shook her head. "Well..." he smiled widely again. "My father... is none other than..." he suddenly faded away.

"Wait what? Cyrus?!" she exclaimed, looking around. His voice echoed, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Have you guessed yet?" he asked. Her eyes widened as the realisation hit her.

"But... how... the cat?" she questioned. Cyrus reappeared in front of her.

"Yes, I'm the son of the Cheshire Cat." he smiled. Ceci jumped back.

"S-so that day... in the woods... you didn't run... and you did crash into me... but I couldn't see you..."

"Because I can go invisible." he nodded.

"Yeah..." Ceci trailed off. After a moment she started laughing humorlessly. "And all those years... I thought I was imagining it... that I went crazy."

"No. Trust me, I was really there." Cyrus nodded and disappeared again.

"W-wha? Where'd you go?" Ceci asked.

"Up again." he said. Ceci looked up to see him sat back in the tree he was in before.

"How?"

"My dad does have a Cat form." Cyrus shrugged. "I can climb well."

"Your Dad is a cat. That's what my mom told me." Ceci said.

"He is. But he also isn't." Cyrus said. "Things are what they aren't and aren't what they are when it concerns anyone or anything from Wonderland. I assumed you'd know this."

"What?" she blinked in confusion.

"Wonderland talk." he shrugged. "Basically, everything is nonsense."

"Fair point," She shrugged. "But you didn't answer me."

"Didn't answer what?"

"Your dad is a cat." she repeated. "How are you human?"

"Because my dad is both a human and a cat." he said. "In Wonderland, he takes on his cat form, here in Auradon, he is human."

"Why does that actually make sense?" Ceci asked, plopping down to the ground.

"It doesn't." Cyrus said. "Nothing makes sense really."

"It depends on what it is." Ceci shrugged.

"People see differently." he said. "In my eyes, nothing makes sense. But I was brought up in the ways of Wonderland."

"What happened to Wonderland?"

"I don't know." he shrugged. "No one's found a way to get there yet."

"But then how'd your dad get out?" she questioned.

"I've never asked." he shrugged.

"Why not?"

"You ask a lot of questions don't you?" he tilted his head. "I don't really know why I haven't asked. Just never thought about it." Ceci blushed.

"I get that a lot." she mumbled.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from Alice's daughter though." he smiled.

"Thank you." she mumbled, slightly shocked. It felt like a compliment, and not an insult as she had heard many times.

"Don't mention it." he said. "You shouldn't be bullied for who you are. Remember, all the best people are crazy." and with that, he faded away and just disappeared.

"Cyrus? Where'd you go?" she asked. There was no reply.

"Ceciiiiii!" A voice called. "Ceciliaaaaaaa!" it was Ally. "Where are you? Please say you haven't fallen down a rabbit hole! Ceciiiiiiii!"

"I'm here, Al." Ceci called back, her eyes not leaving the spot where Cyrus was. Ally ran up to Ceci.

"Oh thank goodness! Can you imagine how I'd have even managed to tell someone that you'd fallen down a rabbit hole! I'm so glad you didn't!" Ally paused. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." Ceci said, tearing her eyes away from where Cyrus had been.

"Are you sure?" Ally asked.

"Yep." Ceci nodded. "Let's go back."

"Okay." Ally nodded. "We have class soon anyway."