Twenty Nine

"What do you mean you're leaving early?" Cecilia cried.

She had just walked in to Autumn and Elyse's room, a week after Cotillion and found the Arendelle cousins packing their bags.

"I'm... sorry... Ceci..." Autumn sighed, closing her suitcase and jumping on it to try to shut it properly, she had far too much stuff in it. "Our dads want to take us out on a trip apparently. So we have to go..."

"Autumn, get some stuff out, we do not need that much." Elyse groaned. "We got told last night."

"It's just all the necessary things!" Autumn protested.

"Is it really? You do not need a fancy dress." Elyse crossed her arms.

"But it's cuuuuuute! What if I see a cute boy?" Autumn pouted.

"We're going with our fathers."  Elyse said bluntly. "You shouldn't be lusting after guys."

"I'm not lusting. But fine." Autumn huffed, opening her suitcase again and taking the dress out.

"You're going where with your dads?" Maddie's voice came from the doorway. Her face immediately dropped when she saw the suitcases.

"The mountains or something. We're leaving tonight." Elyse explained.

"Tonight?" Maddie frowned.

"Exactly! The mountains! That's where my mom met my dad and they didn't expect it." Autumn protested again. "Well not that my mom was ready... her dress was frozen." She muttered.

"Yeah we got told yesterday." Elyse said.

"Oh..." Maddie mumbled.

"Ugh." Autumn flopped back onto her bed and sighed.

"What is it?" Ceci asked.

"I can't pack." Autumn replied dramatically. "I don't know what to bring with me."

"You're bringing half your closet, I'm sure you'll be fine." Elyse said.

"It's not enough." Autumn sighed. "And I can't close my suitcase."

"Let me help so you shut up." Maddie groaned and walked into the room, pushing down on the suitcase with one hand and zipping it up with the other. "Fuck, what do you have in there?" Maddie raised her eyebrows.

"Uhm... just some clothes and stuff..." Autumn smiled awkwardly.

"She packed a party dress." Elyse sighed.

"I took it out!" Autumn said defensively, sitting up and pointing to it on her bed.

"Well that proves my point. You pack unnecessary stuff." Elyse shrugged.

"I pack everything I need to be prepared for every situation." Autumn said defensively.

"Yeah but most of them don't happen so..." Elyse pointed out.

"But it's better to be prepared." Autumn shrugged.

"Always be prepared." Ceci agreed.

"Don't encourage her." Elyse groaned.

"See! Ceci agrees with me!" Autumn smiled at her.

"Why are you arguing over Autumn's excessive packing when you have friends to say bye to?" Maddie said, standing up.

"It's not excessive!" Autumn protested again.

"Because we don't want to say goodbye?" Elyse shrugged.

"But you're leaving for a few weeks so you kinda have to." Maddie muttered.

"Who is leaving?" Ally's voice came from the doorway, followed by Rae.