Eighteen

"Elyse?" Cecilia exclaimed as the pale blonde girl ran past her. The song and hype had finished, and now the three girls were heading towards the Nurse's office.

"Wait what's happening?" Rae questioned.

"Whatever it is it doesn't seem good..." Ally pointed down at the snowflakes on the floor in a trail where Elyse had ran.

"Hey guys have you seen..." Autumn came behind the three girls but stopped when she saw the snowflakes. "Oh no..."

"She was just running." Ceci said. "We have no clue what happened."

"Well let's go find out." Rae said.

"Wait, no." Autumn shook her head. "It's best to leave her to cool off for a while... whatever's happened."

"I guess so." Ally nodded.

"I don't want to become a Ceci-cle." Ceci agreed and the four girls walked to the Nurse's office, where they got a big surprise. Jay, still in his tourney uniform, was leaning over Maddie... kissing her! Autumn gasped and put her hand over her mouth, Ally's mouth dropping open.

"Oh my-" Rae covered Ally's mouth with her hand and pushed the other girls away from the door.

"If there's one thing I've learned from being friends with Audrey it's that you don't interrupt people making out with each other." Rae whispered.

"No way..." Ceci whispered. "Well that explains a lot."

"Yeah it really does. Oh no. Elyse saw that. She must feel so hurt..." Autumn whispered.

"What?" Ally tilted her head. "Why?"

"Am I missing something here?" Rae asked.

"Oh no." Autumn covered her mouth with her hand.

"You are, but we need to go check on Elyse." Ceci said. "Autumn it wasn't your fault."

"But if I hadn't opened my big mouth then they wouldn't be questioning it already." Autumn mumbled.

"Look whatever it is, it can wait. Ceci's right, we need to go see Elyse." Rae said.

"Okay..." Ally nodded slowly. "We can still follow the snowflakes." she pointed at the ground.

"Come on." Autumn started to follow the trail, Ally, Ceci and Rae behind her. The trail of snowflakes cut off in front of Autumn and Elyse's dorm door. Autumn knocked on the door five times in a little pattern.

"Elyse?" she said softly.

"Can't you just open the door?" Rae asked. Autumn turned around and shook her head.

"Elyse please..." Ceci said.

"Go away." came a muffled voice from inside.

"Don't you have a key?" Ceci asked.

"Nope..." Autumn shook her head. "Elyse please." she knocked on the door again and pressed her hand to it.

"Couldn't we climb through the window?" Ally suggested.

"The window? Seriously? It's not going to take that much to get her to open the door." Rae said.

"Go away." Elyse repeated. The door got colder, which forced Autumn to move her hand away.

"Please, just let us in..." she sighed. There was silence and then the sound of the door unlocking. Autumn slowly opened it.

"Elyse..." she said gently.

"What?" Elyse responded harshly, wiping her face.

"We wanted to see if you were okay..." Autumn said carefully, stepping forward slightly. "Have you been..." she trailed off.

"No..." Elyse huffed, clearly lying. She was sitting on her bed hands on her lap. "Why would anyone be crying over such a silly thing?"

"It's not..." Ceci said.

"It is." Elyse insisted. "It's stupid."

"It's not at all." Autumn sat next to her cousin and placed a hand on her arm.

"What is this silly thing?" Rae raised her eyebrows. "But I'm sure it's not silly."

"It seems to be that Rae and I are the only ones who don't know..." Ally pointed out.

"What's silly is that I'd get like this." Elyse gestured at herself. "After seeing the person I like with someone else."

"Wait... Jay?" Ally questioned.

"No no..." Rae shook her head as it clicked in her mind. "It makes sense. You like Maddie." Elyse nodded weakly.

"Oh El." Autumn hugged her cousin.

"I'm so sorry..." Rae said gently.

"That must have been awful for you." Ally said.

"I don't want or need pity..." Elyse grumbled as Ceci sat next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "I knew it was a matter of time. I just wish..."

"Wish you'd been more prepared." Ceci finished.

"Yeah..." Elyse nodded.

"Still... even if you were prepared it still would've hurt." Autumn said, resting her head on Elyse's shoulder.

"How long have you liked her?" Rae asked.

"A couple of months..." Elyse shrugged. "A couple months before that Autumn was bugging have no me about me not liking any guys... and then described her... crush at the time, and asked why I wouldn't date Owen... I realised... I just didn't like men. And then I found myself falling for Maddie as time went by."

"That's... kinda cute actually." Rae said.

"I feel bad it didn't work out for you though..." Ally said quietly. "I think you would've been cute together."

"At least Maddie helped you realise." Autumn shrugged.

"She did, and I'm thankful." Elyse nodded.

"But what are you gonna do now?" Rae asked.

"We saw... them... as well." Ally said.

"And it looked like she... liked it." Rae added.

"Raelynn!" Ceci exclaimed, but Elyse shook her head. "I know her, if she didn't like it she wouldn't have kissed back. I'm just going to let it run its course, maybe avoid her for a bit." Autumn hugged Elyse again.

"You'll be fine. I know you will. And hey, if you're not I'll just annoy you until you are." Autumn smiled.

"Do you think you'll still be able to be friends with her?" Ally asked.

"For a while, I have to stand aside. But eventually, I will."  Elyse said confidently.

"There's our girl." Ceci smiled slightly.

"We love you Ely." Autumn hugged Elyse tightly.

"Yeah yeah now get off me, I need to calm myself down." Elyse rolled her eyes.

"What should we tell her?" Ceci asked.

"Just say I'm not feeling well and resting up." Elyse said.

"Okay okay." Autumn pulled back. "I'll see ya later." she quickly hugged Elyse again.

" she quickly hugged Elyse again