Fifteen

Cecilia soon arrived to their tree, the one she and Cyrus always met by, and sat down at the base.

"You there?" she called.

"Of course, darling." Cyrus appeared, perched on one of the tree branches.

"I should probably sneak you some books or something... if you can read?" she looked up at him.

"I can read," he nodded. "I know you wouldn't think it, but that is one thing my dad did teach me. I had one book when I was younger but I lost it." he shrugged. "But I don't think you bringing books for me would be the best idea. My father would find them and ask questions."

"Would that be bad?"she asked innocently.

"Yes," he nodded. "He'd stop me from seeing you if he found out."

"Oh..." she said meekly. "Couldn't you say you found them? Or stole them?"

"Found them?" he chuckled. "Look around, darling. It's all trees," he gestured out with his hand. "We've both seen it all. There's nothing. And stealing, he'd worry that I'd been seen. I'm not allowed out of the forest."

"What exactly would happen?" she asked quietly. "If they found you."

"I don't know, but my guess is that they'd send me to the Isle," Cyrus sighed. "But I'd rather not find out."

"You and me both." she said. "We met some kids from there."

"Oh really?" Cyrus sat on the edge of the branch so his legs were swinging. "What were they like?"

"Do you want me to join you up there?" she asked, standing up. "Because it's quite a long stoy."

"Can you climb it?" he questioned. "I wouldn't want you to fall and hurt yourself."

"I haven't climbed trees in years but..." she said as she jumped and began climbing up, somewhat clumsily. It took her some time but she got to a bit below where Cyrus was.

"Here," Cyrus reached his hand down. "Take my hand and I'll help." Ceci grasped his hand and pulled herself up with his help.

"Thanks for that." she gasped.

"You're welcome." he smiled his big smile and shuffled along the branch so she could sit properly. Since they were still holding hands he pulled her along before slowly letting go. "So, uh, kids from the Isle. How are they even here?" he scratched the back of his neck. Ceci turned pink when she realised what happened.

"Uhh..." she paused before recomposing herself. "Oh, Prince Ben invited them. His first proclamation as king." she said.

"Oh right. He's Belle and Beast's son, right?" Cyrus asked.

"Yep." she said. "He's thankfully human, but a bit..." she stopped, searching for the right word. "No... I shouldn't say it."

"Who have I got to tell?" Cyrus put his hands out. "Just say it, no one's listening here."

"He's a bit weird. He's very nice but he's dating Audrey. And now with the villain kids..." she sighed. "They're a bit scary."

"Audrey. She's the mean one right?" Cyrus asked. "Who are the villain kids' parents?"

"Um... Cruella, Evil Queen, Jafar and..." she shivered. "Maleficent."

"Maleficent?" his eyes widened. "But isn't she the 'evilest villain of all time'? 'Mistress of all evil' and stuff?"

"Yes and her daughter looks just as vicious and intimidating... only without the horns."

"I can't really make a judgement, I haven't met them," he shrugged. "So Maleficent has a daughter, what about the other three?"