Four

Cecilia managed to avoid her sister's questions for the rest of the day. After her classes were over, she muttered a quick goodbye to her sister who had an activity to go to, and headed to her room, to start her homework. After a while, there was a loud thud from underneath the window. But when Ceci looked, nothing was there. She jumped slightly and went to the window, opening it. As she saw nothing once again, she went back to her work.

"Homework always looked boring. Now I see that it definitely is." Cyrus' voice said. He was stood leaning against the window, his arms crossed. Ceci jumped again.

"Jeez Cyrus! You need to stop doing that!" she said, pressing her hand to her chest.

"No, your reaction is quite hilarious." Cyrus shrugged, smiling.

"To you." she huffed, closing her book. "What are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd drop by after you left." he said.

"How did you know..." she trailed off.

"See that tree there?" he turned and pointed to a tree that had a branch positioned right at the window. "I climbed that and then saw you in here."

"So you were watching me?" she raised her eyebrows.

"No no, not exactly, I just noticed you were there. And then I did watch you for a few minutes before I decided to come in." he explained.

"Wait were you the one who hit my window?" she tilted her head.

"Oh yeah." he leaned down, rubbing his knee. "It really hurt."

"You have a knack for scaring me don't you?"

"It's quite fun actually." Cyrus nodded. Ceci huffed and sat in her chair, opening her book again.

"What's your homework?" he asked, sitting up on her desk.

"Chemistry." she groaned.

"Chemistry?" he tilted his head. "What's that?"

"It's the type of science that has to do with chemicals. Have you never heard of it?" she looked at him in shock.

"I've never been to school, so no." he shrugged.

"How have you never been to school?" she questioned. Cyrus paused for a moment.

"Well, you see, people don't know I exist..." he sighed.

"How? Wait, you do exist don't you? This isn't some hallucination in having is it?" She stood up and crossed her arms.

"No, I am real Cecilia, I promise you." he stood up too. "Cyrus Cat, the son of Cheshire Cat. That's who I am. I had to go into hiding with my father because he didn't want to be sent to the Isle..." he explained.

"So you couldn't go to school... but how have they not found you? How do you have decent clothes?" she questioned, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"The invisibility keeps us hidden. I'm not meant to show myself but how can my dad just expect me to hide away for my whole life?" he sighed, walking towards the window. "And I don't really know the answer to that."

"Why show yourself to me?" She tilted her head. "I mean, I'm sure it'd get lonely but why me? Because I'm Alice's daughter?"

"Well we met when we were younger... and I don't know." he shrugged. "You're a nice person and I noticed you get bullied, and it's not right. I just thought you could use someone who likes you for who you are..."

"You... you like me?" Ceci asked, shocked.

"As a friend." Cyrus quickly clarified. "You're a nice girl and you don't deserve the bullying."

"That's... that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Hey don't cry." he sat beside her. "Don't mention it, people should be nicer to you." he smiled gently.

"Thank you..." she said as another tear escaped from her eye.

"You're welcome." he wiped the tear away. Suddenly the door knob twisted and the door opened. Without saying a word Cyrus disappeared. Ally then entered the room.

"Oh goodness that was awful!" she exclaimed, shutting the door behind her. "And that Audrey! She is too big for her boots and acts like she's the queen."

"When does she not?" Ceci said, absentmindedly glancing to her side.

"Oh I know that. But today especially. Ben deserves so much better! But at least he knows when to stop her, he's the only one who can!" Ally exclaimed, flopping onto her bed.

"Yep." Ceci said quietly. Ally sat up and tilted her head.

"Are you alright? You've been acting extra odd today."

"Yeah." Ceci lay down, looking at the window. "Absolutely fine."

"Are you sure? It's not Audrey getting to you is it?" Ally questioned.

"No, I'm just... thinking..." Ceci said. "Don't you have homework anyway?"

"Well yes I do but it can wait. I want my tea." Ally got up and walked towards the teapot they had in their room. "Do you want any?" she asked.

"Yes please." Ceci nodded, sitting up.

"Sounds good!" Ally nodded, preparing the tea.