Thirty Eight

Cecilia ran into the cafeteria, smiling like crazy. She found Grey and Rae standing in the line and went over to them.

"Hi guys!" She smiled peppily.

"Morning." Grey said groggily.

"Woah hello, someone's cheery this morning." Rae turned to Ceci. "Where have you even been?"

"I went to the woods." Ceci shrugged.

"Why so early in the morning?" Rae raised her eyebrows.

"Because someone woke me up at three-am." Ceci reminded, crossing her arms.

"Okay but that wasn't my fault." Rae rolled her eyes. "It was someone else's who didn't want me to leave him." She nudged Grey.

"Hey, it wasn't..." Grey trailed off. "Yeah it was." He relented with a sigh.

"Exactly." Rae crossed her arms. "It's Grey's fault."

"I did not see you complaining though." Grey pointed out.

"Shut up." Rae just rolled her eyes.

"Please don't kiss." Maddie's voice groaned behind them. "It's too early."

"And what, you haven't kissed Jay this morning?" Rae retorted, turning around to face Maddie and Jay. Maddie rolled her eyes but stayed quiet.

"Either she has or Jay just hasn't brushed his hair." Grey sniggered.

"Shut up." Jay rolled his eyes.

"You guys took the kisses for breakfast thing too literally." Rae said.

"Okay now I wish I never got your attention." Maddie groaned, her cheeks slightly pink, while Ceci just giggled.

"Okay what drugs are you on?" Maddie raised her eyebrows at Ceci. Jay elbowed her. "Ow what was that for?"

"You can't say stuff like that." He pointed out.

"Oh come on, mood swings aren't that extreme and yesterday she was so down and upset and now she's all giggly and happy." Maddie said, elbowing Jay back, but harder.

"It's just been a good morning." Ceci excused herself.

"It's too early Cecilia." Grey groaned, leaning on Jay.

"Lean on your girlfriend." Maddie said defensively, furrowing her brows at Grey.

"Stop getting jealous, Red." Jay said. "There's plenty of me to share."

"I'm not jealous." Maddie huffed.

"Sure you aren't." Jay kissed the top of her head.

"I don't want to crush her." Grey mumbled.

"Can we sit down before Grey passes out?" Ceci grinned as she got her food.

"You won't crush me. And I suggest you move before you become Maddie's next target." Rae said. "And I'd rather you didn't have an arrow speared through your head."

"I'd listen to your girlfriend if I were you." Jay said as he wrapped an arm around Maddie.

"Come on let's just go sit down." Rae rolled her eyes. "Then Maddie can sit next to Jay and have him to herself and not get jealous."

"I'm not jealous." Maddie muttered.

"You sure?" Grey asked, plopping down onto a seat. "And Rae, I'm pretty sure I'd crush you."

"Fine." Rae rolled her eyes and sat down next to Grey.

"I'm not jealous." Maddie sat down and Jay sat next to her.

"That's a lie. You get jealous too easily, Red." he put an arm around her.

"Cotillion?" Ceci grinned.

"He was being a dickhead though." Maddie said. "Didn't even ask me and then went off dancing with other girls." she muttered.

"You got me back for that though didn't you?" Jay sighed.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're a dickhead."

"Woah, what?" Grey interrupted, blinking. "Jay, man, what?"

"Oh yeah, you don't know about this do you?" Rae said. "I'll let Maddie tell the story."

"For fuck sake." Jay groaned.

"Oh this is fun to tell. Basically, your dickhead of a best friend decided that he would go to Cotillion solo so he could 'dance with all the girls'. He didn't even bother to ask me, his girlfriend of six months, because he assumed I wasn't going because I don't like getting dressed up." Maddie explained, moving Jay's arm away from her and crossing her arms. "And I was in a bad place mentally." She added in a mutter.

"And I apologised didn't I? I thought you forgave me." Jay sighed.

"Forgive doesn't mean forget, Muscles." Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Dick move Jay. Did not know you were that clueless." Grey shook his head.

"We helped her get revenge though." Ceci grinned widely. "It was amazing."

"Oh really?" Grey raised an eyebrow.

"Yep. It was." Rae nodded, laughing. "We gave her a makeover and then got another boy to dance with her and even pretend to kiss her cheek."

"Well it wasn't funny." Jay grumbled. "The only thing amazing about it was the way she looked."

"It felt horrible. I had to wear a dress and makeup for the whole night. And I had straight hair." Maddie complained. "But your face was hilarious."

"You still looked amazing." Jay said, going to put his arm around her but she swatted it away. Before anyone could continue the conversation, there came a bang from the outside and the noises of shouting, assumingly some people arguing.

"What the fuck?" Grey questioned.

"No clue." Rae shrugged. "It doesn't sound like Audrey for once."

"Well let's go find out." Maddie stood up.

" Maddie stood up