Twenty Eight

"That was an eventful night." Autumn said as the girls were walking back to school once Cotillion had ended. "With the Jay and Maddie situation, and everyone thought Oliver and Maddie were totally a thing, and then Uma crashed the party and then Mal turned into a dragon and then we all danced in water!"

"It was crazy alright." Ally giggled but then returned to the frown she had on her face for a lot of the night.

"Well they definitely forgave each other." Raelynn pointed over to Maddie and Jay, who were kissing.

"Ew." Elyse remarked, looking away.

"Aww!" Ceci squealed.

"Get a room!" Rae shouted, laughing. Maddie and Jay stopped and let go of each other awkwardly.

"Do you guys mind if I go the woods for a bit?" Ceci asked, still in the hype. "I need to calm down a bit."

"But it's dark. What if you get lost?" Ally said.

"I've been there countless times, I know the woods like the back of my hand." Ceci replied in reassurance.

"Okay." Ally sighed.

"I'll just see you back at our dorm." Rae said.

"Yep." Ceci nodded, and then sped walked to the woods. Once she was deep in the trees, she called out.
"Cyrus?"

"Hello, darling." Cyrus appeared leaning against their tree with his arms crossed, but his arms dropped down to his sides, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped when he saw her.

"Hi." She said softly. Cyrus cleared his throat and stood up straight.

"Did you enjoy Cotillion?" He asked, not taking his eyes off her.

"Eh, it was strange. Ursula's daughter came and crashed the party, Ben was under a love spell and Mal turned into a dragon." Ceci shrugged.

"Well that sounds almost as crazy as a day Wonderland." Cyrus chuckled. "What is it with King Ben being put under love spells?"

"I do not know, but he this time he did not get a new girlfriend." Ceci said, smoothing down her dress. Cyrus cleared his throat again.

"You... you look..." he struggled to get his words out.

"Weird?" She smiled softly.

"No no, not at all... the exact opposite of that actually..." he took a deep breath. "You look beautiful." He finally said.

"Thanks..." Ceci blushed. "But I don't."

"You do." Cyrus stepped towards her. "You really do."

"If I did, as you claim I do, look beautiful, then I would've gotten asked to dance by a guy at least once." Ceci muttered, looking down at the grassy floor. Cyrus frowned but then brightened up. He stepped closer to her and then bowed and held out his hand.

"May I have this dance, Cecilia?" He asked. Ceci's eyes widened.

"You want to dance?" She questioned in shock. Cyrus nodded.

"You said if you looked beautiful you'd have gotten asked to dance by a guy at least one time. So I'm asking you." He took her hand and brought it up to his mouth, gently kissing it.

"I'd be delighted." Ceci said, trying to calm her rapidly beating heart. Cyrus nodded and the pair started to slow-dance to the silence of the forest, under the moonlight.

"Now will you believe that you look beautiful?"

"Maybe." She muttered as they swayed. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me for simply telling the truth." He smiled, looking down at her. "The truth is... you always look beautiful." Ceci blushed heavily and shook her head.

"You do..." Cyrus whispered, touching her cheek. Ceci leaned her face against his hand and looked up with wide eyes.

"Ceciiiiiii!" Rae's voice echoed through the trees. "Curfew is a thing and neither of us want to be punished!"

"Oh... flipping bunnies!" Ceci jumped away. "I have to go!"

"Oh... okay." Cyrus shook himself out of his daze.

"I'm sorry," She said before running off.

"It's okay..." he sighed, just watching her go.

" he sighed, just watching her go