Forty

Raelynn, Greyson, Ally, Maddie, Jay, Mal, Carlos, Evie, Autumn, Ben, Beast and Belle remained there, looking at Cecilia and Cyrus as they embraced.

"What just happened?" Carlos asked, confused.

"No idea." Said Grey, releasing his grip on his girlfriend. Rae kind of fell back, but steadied herself, still taking in the situation.

"Well the guards pulled this random guy out of the woods and then Ceci almost passed out then she ran out and claims to love this guy called Cyrus, who is the son of the Cheshire Cat and apparently she knows him and she's been meeting with him for like a year and the whole situation is just craz-" Autumn rambled until Maddie covered her mouth with her hand.

"We know. We saw." Maddie sighed.

"This is truly bonkers indeed." Ally breathed. Rae remained still, just staring at Ceci and this boy.

"You have a lot to explain, Cecilia Walker." Rae said seriously.

"Full name... oh shit." Grey mumbled.

"I know Rae." Ceci sighed and faced them. "I know. I just don't know where to start."

"Not the time, Grey." Rae snapped. "Oh I don't know. Maybe start with how long you've been meeting with this guy and why the fuck you thought it was okay to sneak off into the woods to meet with him!" Ceci sighed and plopped down on the ground, gesturing for the others to do the same.

"I guess I have Audrey to thank for that. It was a couple weeks before we became friends, and Audrey had really upset me. I went into the woods and I saw Cyrus for the first time in ten years. it was a shock to say the least. But he comforted me... and I felt like he was the only one other than ally that understood me. And something drew me to keep going back." Ceci began to explain as the rest of the group sat down on the floor.

"And you kept it a secret? You couldn't tell your best friend? Even your twin sister?" Rae pointed at Ally.

"That part wasn't her fault..." Cyrus spoke up. "I made her swear not to tell anyone about me... because my father was supposed to be on the Isle, not here." he explained. "And no one is supposed to know I exist but... that doesn't matter now."

"I still don't understand how..." Rae trailed off and just shook her head.

"There are two reasons for that. One is what Cyrus said." Ceci replied, picking at the grass beside her absentmindedly. "It was already s risk that I knew and the last thing I wanted was for it to get out somehow, which is why I never even hinted at him. The second reason..." she looked up. "Well, would you have believed me? Ally didn't believe me before, I am known for hallucinating occasionally. If I told you I was meeting a guy in the forest who could go invisible, would you have believed me or thought I was insane."

"I would've thought you were a bit crazy." Grey admitted and Evie nodded. "It does sound kind of... weird."

"Yeah..." Rae said quietly.

"All of those times that you ran off into the forest, it was to meet Cyrus." Autumn said, moving Maddie's hand away from her mouth. "A secret lover! That's so cute!" she exclaimed.

"Of course that's the way you look at things." Maddie rolled her eyes.

"What? It's cute." Autumn shrugged. Ceci blushed deeply.

"It wasn't like that Autumn. Like I said... we were friends until this morning." She muttered. Autumn gasped.

"You kissed!" She exclaimed, causing Cyrus to start to go slightly red.

"Okay so it definitely wasn't drugs that made you so happy this morning." Maddie crossed her arms.

"Seems like Red and I weren't the only ones who had kisses for breakfast then." Jay commented.