Quidditch World Cup (Part Two)

Hermione woke up Lacey 30 minutes before the match and Lacey thanked her. She got up and went straight to the washroom to wash her face and get ready for the game. She redid her ponytail and put on black leggings and her Irish shirt that she borrowed from Fred, so it was almost 3 sizes too big for her small frame. She tucked one side in and put on her black converse. Swiped some mascara on her eyelashes and went to meet everyone at the front of the tent.

"Nice of you to join us," Fred said, still not looking in her direction.

Lacey rolled her eyes and set off with Ginny and Hermione toward the stadium.

"What going on with you and Fred?" Ginny asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea. He's been like this since we got here and Cedric left. Maybe he has a crush on Ced and didn't like that I took up all his time."

The three girls laughed and linked arms, skipping away. Once they got up to their seats (after a rather annoying encounter with the 2 male Malfoy's) Mr. Weasley gave them their tickets. Lacey was supposed to be right in between the twins. Like she always was.

"Ron, change seats with me," Lacey could hear Fred saying to his brother.

"No way mate," Ron said.

Fred sighed and sat down. It went Fred, Lacey, George, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, Ron and then Mr. Weasley.

"Why are you so mad at me?" Lacey said quietly to him.

"I'm not. Now can you be quiet? I'm trying to watch the game."

"The game hasn't even started yet."

As soon as the words were out of her mouth it began. Veela's came out and every male in the audience was practically floating. Every male except for Fred who was sulking in his seat.

The match was magnificent and everyone was celebrating. The yelling and excitement seemed to get louder and George made a comment. Mr. Weasley rushed back into the tent.

"George, Fred - Ginny and Lacey are your responsibilities. Ron, Hermione and Harry -stick together. Get to the woods and hide!"

Everyone scrambled to grab their belongings and before Lacey could even step foot outside Fred had grabbed her and held her close to him looking completely panicked. George took hold of Ginny's hand. They all began running through the madness. A couple minutes later Lacey tripped over someone and Fred let go. He stopped abruptly, yelling to George to get Ginny to safety.

Masked people were approaching them quickly and Fred could not find Lacey. His heart was beating out of his chest as he frantically searched for her. Finally he spotted her light blonde hair in a mass of people. She had blood on her face and she looked absolutely frightened and confused, not sure which way to run.

"LACEY!" Fred shouted as loud as he could while trying to get through everyone.

Lacey spotted him and her face turned to relief. A picture Fred would keep in his memories for the rest of his life of this beautiful girl. They reached each other and Fred picked her up bridal style and ran as fast as he could.

After what seemed like forever he made it to the woods. He had no idea where the rest of his family was, or if they were even okay, but he knew that Lacey was and that was enough for him right now.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. You're okay," he tried to console the crying girl.

"You should've left me there. You should've stayed with your family. You saved my life, Fred."

"I couldn't leave you. You're family, Lacey. I- we love you. All of us."

Fred wanted nothing more than to kiss her and tell her he loves her, but the fact that she doesn't feel the same way stops him and instead he pulls her small body into his and holds her tight.

"Don't cry. I hate it when you cry," he says softly in her ear.

Lacey's whole body erupted with goosebumps but she pushed that away. She looked up into his eyes and she felt a million different emotions at once. Someone close by screamed the stunning curse which broke the moment and Fred pushed Lacey down and used his body to shield her.

When the two realized they weren't in danger they slowly stood up. Lacey was shaking so bad she couldn't hold her wand straight and Fred stood protectively next to her.

"Fred, I think that's your dad yelling."

Fred took Lacey's hand and walked in the direction that Mr. Weasley was in. They broke through the clearing and all eyes turned to them, wands raised and ready to fire curses at the two teenagers.

"Stop! That's my son!" Mr. Weasley yelled.

"Where are the others?" Fred asked.

"Back home. Molly is worried sick about you two. What happened?"

Fred told Mr. Weasley what had happened and Mr. Weasley looked at Fred knowingly. He knew that the only reason Fred put himself in danger and let himself be separated from his twin brother and little sister was to make sure the girl he was in love with was safe. Even if Fred didn't know it yet, he loved Lacey.

"Let's get you two back home," Mr. Weasley said, "I'll be right back," he said to the men that were surrounding them.

They apparated back to the Burrow and headed inside.

"Molly! Fred and Lacey are here. I have to head back. I'll probably be back early in the morning with Ron, Harry and Hermione."

Mrs. Weasley hugged her husband and then tended to the two teenagers.

"Mum. I'm okay, Lacey's the one who fell. Is she okay?"

Once they were all healed, Mrs. Weasley sent them to bed. Fred took Lacey's hand and led her up to Ginny's room.

"Do you think your mum would mind if I slept in yours and George's room? Like when we were younger?"

Fred gave her a small smile and walked to his room, opening the door and pulling her in.

Lacey cleared her throat, "are you still, um, mad at me?"

"I wasn't mad at you. But no, I'm not. After almost losing you I don't think I'd ever be angry with you again."

"Ugh. I'm trying to sleep here. You're going to make me vomit!" George said.

Lacey laughed and rolled her eyes at him. She took off her leggings and Fred gave her a clean shirt of his to wear. She took off the charred jersey she borrowed and put on the red t-shirt.

"You can turn around now," Lacey said to the twins.

"So how are we going to do this? George and I are too big to share a bed like we used to."

"Um. I could just sleep on the floor?" Lacey said.

"No way. The floors hard. I'll sleep on the floor and you can have my bed," Fred replied.

"Or you could both just hop into Fred's bed and shut the fuck up," George said rudely, cranky that he had been woken up.

Fred looked at Lacey who was blushing furiously. She tried to play it off by turning around and climbing into his bed and patting the spot next to her like it was no big deal. Fred got into bed and turned off the lamp.

"Goodnight, Lace."

"Goodnight, Freddy"

She snuggled up to him and he smiled, butterflies zooming around in his stomach as he wrapped his arm around her. She felt content and safe. Like nothing would happen to her while she laid here. Both of them fell into a peaceful sleep.