Secrets Out

Lacey woke up the next morning in the best way, Fred was leaving little kisses all over her face.

"Good morning," she said happily.

"Good morning, beautiful," he replied.

She sat up and stretched a little, Fred watching her do so.

"George is downstairs having breakfast," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"And he'll be up any minute to wake us up, plus, I told you not with your parents under the roof! Annnnd not to mention we're not even dating!"

"Well, we could be. Lacey, will you be my girlfriend? Please?" He asked her and then kissed her passionately.

When they pulled apart Lacey shrugged and pretended to think about it, "how about I let you know later on?" She said jokingly.

Fred began tickling her, "how about you tell me now?" He said as he stopped tickling her so she could respond.

"I'd love to, Freddy, but it has to be a secret for a little bit. Is that alright?"

"Oh yeah, the whole sneaking around thing is exciting," he replied enthusiastically.

She climbed over him slowly to get out of bed and he held on to her waist, not letting her leave. She looked at him and gave him a heartwarming smile. He couldn't help himself and kissed her for what seemed like the millionth time, but each time just as electrifying as the last. He finally let her go and she grabbed some clothes to go change.

Fred was just laying in the bed with his hands behind his head and staring at the ceiling with a small smile on his face.

"Wake up lovebirds, mom sent me up he-" George said bursting through the door, "Where's Lacey?"

"She's getting dressed in the bathroom," Fred said, lovestruck.

"She told me she likes you," George said quietly to his twin.

"She told me she loves me," Fred replied cheekily.

"WHAT?!" George yelled.

"Yep, during the Yule Ball. Just asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes, but it's a secret so you can't tell anyone yet."

"That's amazing. Maybe now you can actually focus on the prank shop," George teased.

"I don't know, I'm still pretty focused on her."

"Oh, brother. You've got it bad!"

"I certainly do."

Lacey walked back into the room, catching most of their private conversation. She was okay with George knowing, he was her best friend and Fred's twin brother. She was going to tell Angelina when they got back to school. She loved how sweetly he spoke about her and their new relationship to his brother.

"Mum wants you both downstairs for breakfast," George said, leaving the room.

"I told George. I hope that's okay," Fred said.

"Definitely. I'm probably going to tell Angelina anyways."

He nodded and kissed her again. When they pulled apart she smiled at him.

"You make me really happy, Freddy," she told him.

"Ditto," He said, winking at her.

Fred quickly put on some jeans, a jumper and socks and they went downstairs and took their seats at the table.

Halfway through breakfast there was a knock at the door and Mrs. Weasley asked Lacey to answer it. She opened the door and there stood Remus Lupin.