Hogsmeade Date

Cedric was meeting her outside the Great Hall at 10AM, which gave Lacey one and a half hours to get ready. Angelina curled her hair with magic and Lacey did her own make up. She decided to go for something a little more bold than she usually does; red lips and cat eye.  She wore a cute grey knit sweater and a black short skirt. She finished the outfit with a pair of black heeled booties. When she walked out of the bathroom Angelina started to clap.

"You clean up well" her best friend started saying, "and look, you're practically a normal height now!"

Lacey playfully rolled her eyes and thanked Angelina for all her help.

"C'mon now, I'm sure the guys are just dying to see you," Angelina said.

Suddenly, Lacey felt butterflies forming in the pit of her stomach about the fact she was about to see Fred. She was worried about what he'd think.

The two girls descended the stairs and Lacey gave the boys an awkward wave.

"If things don't work out between you and Ceddy then you know where I sleep," Lee said suggestively to her.

"Oh my goodness, Lee. Leave the girl alone!" Angelina said.

"You look beautiful, Lace. You're gonna knock him dead," George said.

"Thanks Georgie," she smiled at the tall redhead.

"Yeah, Lace, you are gorgeous," Fred said sweetly, walking over to her and grabbing her hand and making her do a twirl.

Lacey let out a giggle and hugged Fred tightly.

"Thanks Freddy,"

"You should go, you're going to be late!" Angelina told her.

Lacey grabbed her small purse and headed out of the common room with one look back at Fred's handsome face. Her trip downstairs felt like it was taking forever.

"Lacey, wow. You look amazing," Cedric said to her.

"Thank you! You look handsome yourself," Lacey flirted back.

"Shall we?"

"We shall!"

The pair headed out toward Hogsmeade on foot, chatting politely to one another. They were both enjoying themselves.

"I was going to take you to Madam Puddifoot's, but I feel like you're not the girl to enjoy all that. What about the Three Broomsticks?" Cedric suggested.

"You are absolutely right," she laughed, "the Three Broomsticks sounds great."

They entered the shop and went straight for a small table near the back. Cedric pulled her chair out for her and then sat down once she was seated.

The continued with their polite conversation and at first Lacey thought that maybe they were better suited as friends. They had lots to talk about, it just never seemed to get any deeper than polite conversation though.

"Do you remember how we met?" Cedric asked her.

"Yes!" She started to laugh, "the twins and I were trying to dye everyone's hair pink and you caught us. We didn't know you that well so we thought you'd snitch."

"No way, that prank was brilliant. Even better was that I was saved from the humiliation of bright pink hair, and I guess meeting you properly was pretty good too," he said.

"Hey! Meeting me was the best thing to come out of your entire Hogwarts experience!"

"It feels like it right now," Cedric said, slowly inching toward her.

Lacey felt as though words wouldn't form, so she was very happy when Cedric sent her his award winning smile and she closed the space between them. As soon as his lips were on hers she felt a spark, clarifying her feelings for the handsome boy.

Cedric pulled away and pulled the beautiful girl on his lap, never breaking the heated kiss. Lacey was enjoying it immensely, all thoughts of Fred left her mind while kissing Cedric.

When the pair finally pulled apart (due to the waiter bring them their check) they both smiled at each other sheepishly. Lacey was very red-faced and breathless.

"I've like you since you spoke to me last year. Before that you were just this kind of mysterious beauty. I've wanted to kiss you for a long, long time. It was worth the wait. Lacey, I really, really, REALLY like you. Would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" He asked her shyly.

"Oh wow, Cedric. I've liked you since then too. Well, since you didn't snitch on us," they both laughed, "but yes, I would definitely love to be your girlfriend," Lacey said, building up the confidence to kiss him again.

Cedric paid their bill and the new couple walked out of the Three Broomsticks hand in hand. They were flirting all the way back to Hogwarts and stopped a few times to kiss.

"Want to meet some of my friends?" Lacey asked him.

"Absolutely."

She walked over to the twins, Angelina and Lee who were sitting by a tree and talking.

"Hey guys, I'd like you to meet Cedric-" Lacey started saying.

"We know him, hey Cedric," George said.

"George. Shut up and let me finish. I'd like you to meet Cedric, my boyfriend," she smiled.

Angelina squealed and pulled the couple in for a hug. Lee and George congratulated them and Fred had a strained smile on his face.

After chatting for a few minutes, Cedric wanted to show off his beautiful girlfriend to his friends as well, so they left to find them.

"Wait! Lacey? THE Lacey? You're real? I was beginning to think Cedric had imagined you. All he ever does is talk about you. Glad to finally meet you," Cedric's friend Justin said.

Lacey laughed and Cedric pulled her into him.

"Yeah, yeah, here she is mates. Told ya she's real!"

"And more beautiful than you made her out to be, Merlin Ced," Alex said to her.

"Why thank you! I hope he didn't make me out to be some sort of swamp monster though," Lacey replied.

"No, not a swamp monster. Just a more average looking girl,"

"Oh. Well I'm pretty average, and boring. So he did good," Lacey laughed.

"She's lying lads."

"Well, what are you guys doing for the rest of the day?" Nick asked.

"Hopefully they'll keep it clean, it's only been a couple of hours!" Alex shouted.

Lacey blushed a deep red and Cedric told him to shut up and started to walk away from his friends. Lacey turned back and waved to them.

"They're hilarious," Lacey said.

"They think they are," Cedric replied.

"So you talk a lot about me, huh?"

"Well, yes. I suppose, but I couldn't help it. Every time we studied together or just said hi in the halls I just felt, I don't know, happier. You kind of make my day better," Cedric said, smiling at Lacey.

"If it makes you feel any better, I talked a lot about you too. Because you made my days better too. Not to mention the fact that your study notes are super helpful, let's be honest here, you're a whole year ahead of me!"

Cedric tickled Lacey as a form of torture for what she said.

"I'm joking! Ha! Ha! I'm joking! Ha! Stop! Ha! Please! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Cedric stopped and hugged her, she looked up at him and he bent down to kiss her. They stood there in the middle of the hallway making out.

For the rest of the day until just before curfew they spent it kissing and talking. Lacey had to admit that this was one of the best days she's ever had. Cedric dropped her off at the Gryffindor common room and headed toward the Hufflepuffs common room.