Beauxbatons

Beauxbatons was very, very different from Hogwarts. Lacey grew up in France with her mother, but seemed to have forgot a lot of the language. Classes were hard at the beginning due to the slight language barrier, but after the second week there, Lacey wasn't enjoying it, for the most part. The people were very uptight and unfriendly, but Emilie made it seem okay.

Lacey missed her friends immensely. She had written to Angelina to explain her choice of switching schools to her and Angelina was heartbroken about it. They had been best friends since starting at Hogwarts and she actually felt a little lost without her. She understood Lacey's need to let go of certain memories, but doing it alone will make it harder.

There were no 'houses' at Beauxbatons, they had a whole tower for all the girls to sleep in and another tower, located at the opposite end of the school for the boys to sleep in.

Lacey made plenty of acquaintances since starting. She only had one 'real' friend, a girl named Emilie Prescott. Emilie had short brown hair and grey eyes. She had been Lacey's guide around the school since she started there and the two girls got on quite well. Lacey hadn't told her the entire story on why she was attending Beauxbatons now, but she would soon.

"Lacey, want to get breakfast with me?" Emilie asked her.

"Yes! I'm starving, let's go," Lacey responded.

The two girls skipped down to the large cafeteria like setting and sat down at an empty table.

"Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee, please," Lacey said to no one but the food appeared on a plate in front of her.

"So, I know you told me you left Hogwarts for a reason. Will you tell me why? I know you said you needed a fresh start, but I'm sure you have lots of friends at Hogwarts that was hoping you'd be there for the last year. What happened?"

"Well.. I don't really like to talk about it but I'll tell you. Please don't tell anyone else," Lacey said.

"Of course not!"

Lacey went into detail about her mom and Cedric. She told her about cheating on Cedric with Fred and how terrible she felt. How she blamed Fred for Cedrics death and felt that Fred deserved someone better than her. That she purposely tried to hurt him as much as she was hurting and that he did not deserve that. She was embarrassed and felt like she couldn't face him.

"It sounds like you're still in love with him," Emilie said once Lacey was finished.

"Cedric? No. I was never truly IN love with him. I loved Fred from the moment I laid my eyes on him. I just didn't realize it."

"I didn't mean Cedric, Lacey."

"Oh."

"Why did you leave? Fred sounds like an amazing guy. He would've understood if you told him how you felt about everything," Emilie said thoughtfully.

"I know. I'm not sure what came over me. Being here makes me realize how much I miss all of them. Especially Fred, but there's nothing I can do now."

"Well, you could get yourself expelled," Emilie laughed.

"Emilie! You're a genius!"

"Woah, Lacey, you can't do that!"

"I'll do something mild. The professors here seems to be very uptight so it'd be pretty easy I think!"

Emilie laughed, "okay, but I want to come too. Beauxbatons is full of prissy girls and you made Hogwarts sound wonderful!"

"Hogwarts is wonderful."

The two girls spoke about what they could do to make them get expelled from the school so they could attend Hogwarts.

Back at Hogwarts, Fred was upset with Lacey's decision. He wished he could switch schools and be with her as well, but he knows he can't. He needs to stay at Hogwarts and help make people laugh since the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was a total cow. He had written to Lacey twice since school started and she hadn't responded. He didn't want to give up on the blonde beauty that he loved so much, but she was making it very difficult.

He just wanted to be with her again. She had hurt him and left a huge whole in his heart, but she could fix it if she wanted too. He knows she didn't mean the terrible things she had said to him the night Cedric died.

Fred obviously had no idea that Lacey was planning her 'breakout' from Beauxbatons.