The Promise

"Happy Christmas, boys!" Lacey said when she woke up on Christmas morning.

Fred and George groaned, tired from the celebration of their dad coming home from the hospital the night before, "sod off," George said, throwing a pillow at her.

"Come on, I want to open my presents with everyone! Please?" She gave them her sweetest puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," Fred said with just one look at her, George on the other hand rolled over and tried falling back to sleep.

"Yay! That's fine. We don't need George, you can have all his presents.

Lacey and Fred exited the room and started walking down the stairs until Lacey was knocked down the rest of the way due to George pushing past her to beat her there.

"Watch it! You nearly killed her," Fred yelled at his twin.

"My bad, Lacey," George said sheepishly, sticking out his hand to help her up.

"You are such a child," Lacey laughed while grabbing his hand.

The rest of the Weasleys and company were all there ready to start opening gifts as the three best friends sat down around the tree.

As they all opened gifts, every once in a while there was an outburst of "oh my Godric! Thank you so much," to be heard.

Once Lacey finished opening up all her gifts she realized she didn't get a Weasley Sweater like she did every year. Her mood automatically switched from happy and carefree to sad.

"Oh, Lacey, dear. This ones for you. It was hiding in the back," Mrs. Weasley said to the sad girl.

Lacey slowly opened the gift and saw royal blue knitting, her frown turned into a big smile as she hugged Mrs. Weasley and then slipped the sweater on like everyone else had done.

 Weasley and then slipped the sweater on like everyone else had done

Mrs. Weasley went to start on a small lunch while everyone chatted, drank hot chocolate and ate cookies. Fred kept stealing glances at Lacey, loving how her smile brightened up the whole room and just how comfortable she was with his family.

He hadn't thought they would be together again after what happened, but all the walls he tried to build up around him came crashing down so quickly. He really did completely forgive her. He understood why she did it, more so now that he had been in a situation where he thought his father was going to die.

They hadn't exchanged gifts yet, mostly because Fred had told her to wait a few days until the new gift he had ordered arrived by express owl post. She wondered aloud why he had to get her a new gift and he answered by telling her she'd have to wait and see.

The holidays were one of the best Lacey had ever had. All throughout them she'd catch Fred staring at her longingly and they'd sneak off to make out. It was a huge surprise that no one had caught them yet.