1.4

(this is gonna be Hayes POV)

7:34pm, February 18

"How could you be so fucking selfish, Hayes?!" My mom yelled at me making me jump. "How could you do something like that?!"

I stayed quiet and tried to call Claudia again. It went straight to voicemail like the last 14 calls did.

"Stop trying to call her." My mom said as she snatched my phone from my hand. "She obviously doesn't want to talk to you."

I went to my room upstairs a laid down. I never wanted to hurt Claudia like that. The kiss didn't even mean anything to begin with.

It was just because we were playing truth or dare at lunch. One of my friends dared me to do it.

I decided to play some music to try and block out my thoughts. A few of my favorite songs came on lifting my mood.

I thought i was all good till my song changed and love don't change by jeremih.

Cause i know true love ain't easy
And i know it's you cause you complete me
And i just don't want you leavin'
Even though i give you reasons

"Baby, don't cry." My mom said as she stood in the doorway. I hadn't even realized that there were tears running down my cheeks.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." My voice cracked.

(Claudia's POV for the rest of the chapter)

I probably should have been smart about what i ran out of the house in. All i was wearing was Hayes's sweatshirt and underwear.

Fortunately Hayes sweatshirt is like a dress on me but i still got dirty looks from people who passed me on the shirt.

Suddenly a horn honks as a car slowed down next. The bright head lights made my eyes squint.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" Nash, Hayes' older brother rolled down the window.

Normally i would be so happy to see him but right now just wasn't the right time.

I shrugged not wanting to bring any attention to the situation.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Nash asked.

I didn't want to make eye contact cause my eyes were probably red and watery. I shook my head no.

"Can you at least get in the car? Your making me cold just standing there."

I didn't say anything. Just got into the passenger seat.

"You want to tell me what happened?" Nash said as he started to drive.

I bit my lip debating on weather i should tell him or not. Nash was always the older brother i never had. He would beat any guys ass if they cheated on me. Even if it was his own brother.

"Hayes cheated on me." I mumbled to see if he could hear me.

"With who?" Nash's nostrils flared.

"Madison." I said even quieter. To be honest i was ashamed to say that. She intimidates everyone at school. It's embarrassing to say that she 'stole' my boyfriend.

Nash shook his head as anger spread across his face. Making the sharpest u-turn ever, Nash speed off to the direction of the house.

"I told you i don't want to go back." I told Nash but he didn't care.

"Then you can stay in the car." Nash shrugged.

After pulling into the driveway Nash jumped out the car. I did the exact opposite of what he said and jumped out the car, running after him.

He used his key to open the door and raced up the stairs.

"Nash, don't." I grabbed onto his arm.

He quickly shook me off of him and barged into Hayes' room.

I hid around the corner.

"Nash?-"

"The fuck is your problem bro?!" I heard Nash yell.

"What do you mean-?!"

"Why the fuck would you cheat on Clau?!" Nash said just as i peered around the corner. Nash had Hayes pulled up by the color or his shirt.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." Hayes said making Nash scuff.

"If you didn't mean to hurt her you wouldn't have fucking done it." Nash yelled. Hayes pushed Nash off of him making Nash stumble back.

I wanted to mentally faced palmed myself when Hayes did that. He would have had to know that that wasn't going to work well for him.

Nash swung at Hayes face. Hayes' face knocked back as my eyes widened.

"Nash stop!" I yelled from behind the corner.

Nash looked at me for a second then looked back at Hayes. "Your lucky that she's here." Nash growled before storming out of the room.

I rushed to Hayes' side and examined his faced. His lip was gushing blood along with his nose.

I quickly went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit.

After i was done patching up Hayes' lip, I sat on his bed, staring at the ground.

Awkward silent passed for a few minutes. I was expecting him to say something but he didn't.

"I will be downstairs." I rolled my eyes as i got up from the bed.

"Wait, Clau." Hayes stopped me. Finally he was actually going to apologize. "Thank you for patching me up."

Really? That's it? I rolled my eyes and left the room jogging downstairs.