2.0

(Hayes POV)

We got to the venue and it was amazing. All of my family was there. I felt bad knowing that Claudia's family wasn't there for her 18th birthday though.

Ever since her mom called her she's been off. She has been putting on a fake smile for everyone else but i know her.

"So what do you have planned for the future, Hayes?" My aunt asked me.

"Well, Claudia and i both agreed to take a year off of school to settle down for a little." I told her and my grandma.

"What are you guys going to do about money?" My grandma chimed in.

"We are looking at apartments right now because we both have money saved. And Claudia just got signed by a modeling company a couple weeks ago so that will definitely help." I said as i took a bite of the birthday cake that was just served.

"What are you going to do?" My aunt asked.

"I don't know yet." I looked down at my feet. "I'll find a job somewhere."

I looked around the room and saw Claudia by herself at the alcohol table.

I excused myself from the conversation and went over to her. Before i could get to her she downed another shot.

"Claudia what are you doing?!" I snatched the shot glass away from her hand. "My mom would kill you if she saw you."

She shrugged by didn't say anything back. As she tried to walk past me she tripped over her own feet and stumbled into my arms.

"Clau." I said helping her up. "You can't-"

"Move!" She cut me off getting out of my grip and threw up in a plant.

"Shit." I said as i got down and held her hair up.

Luckily no one saw but Nicole who was heading over our way.

"What the hell happened?" She said as Claudia continued through up.

"She's drunk." I stared the obvious. "Can you help her to the bathroom before my mom sees?"

Nicole nodded as we helped and Nicole carried her to the bathroom.

"Hayes." My mom tapped my shoulder making me jump. "I have a gift for you and Claudia. Where is she?"

"She went to the bathroom with Nicole."

"Oh okay. Well can you guys meet me at the car in 10 minutes?" She asked with a smile. She seemed very excited about this gift.

I nodded and grabbed a water from a cooler on the way to the bathroom.

I knocked on the bathroom door. Luckily they were single stalls. I heard the door unlock and i opened it immediately.

Closing the door behind me i saw Nicole sitting on the bathroom floor and Claudia sobbing in her lap.

"What happened?" I mouth to Nicole. She shrugged.

"Baby, drink this." I said handing her the water and sat next to Nicole.

"I'm sorry." Claudia said in between sobs. "I didn't mean to get this drunk."

"It's okay, baby." I pet her hair. "I got it from here." I told Nicole. She nodded and left the bathroom.

Claudia was starting to calm down and sat up to drink the water.

"You good?" I asked Claudia and she nodded with a faint smile. "Okay good, my mom has another gift for us and she wants us to meet her at her car in..." i looked at my watch. "Right now."

I stood up and helped Claudia up who stumbled a little bit. "I got it."

We made our way out to my moms car. She was waiting in the driver seat. I opened the door and Claudia got into the car, so did i.

"Okay you guys might want to get cozy cause it's about a 45 minute drive." My mom tossed a couple of blankets at us.

She started the engine and Claudia fell asleep almost immediately. It took about 10 minutes, and i was fast asleep too.