1.7

It's been a whole week of me staying at my dads house. I didn't get to see Hayes everyday because some days my dad would stay home from work just to keep an eye on me.

But today is Sunday and he works from 6am to 9pm which meant i got Hayes all to myself.

I woke up to the doorbell ringing repeatedly but i didn't want to get out of bed because i was freezing cold.

I took a breath and quickly jumped out of bed and raced to the front door opening it and ran back upstairs to my bed without greeting Hayes.

I shivered from underneath my blankets as i heard Hayes run up the stairs.

"Babe, are you okay?" Hayes said but i couldn't see his face because i was buried in blankets.

I shook my head no and continued to shake. Hayes kneeled down next to me and placed the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Where's your thermometer at?" Hayes asked as he got serious.

"The bathroom."

Hayes got up and went to the bathroom to find it.

I have a history of getting sick with bad sicknesses. For me it's never just a fever or a cold. It's always something else.

Hayes came back with the thermometer and ran it across my forehead. The machine beeped and Hayes shook his head.

"W- what is it?" I stuttered.

"105."

"Are you sure?" I questioned. That's really high, even for me.

"What? You think I'm joking?!" Hayes raised his voice a little making me go a little further under the covers. Hayes never jokes around when i get sick cause he knows how serious it is.

He pulled out his phone and calls someone. " Kaiser Permanente how may i help you?"

"My girlfriend has a fever of 105." Hayes said as he sat next to me in bed and put his arm around me.

"Okay sir, what is her name?" The lady said.

"Claudia Bryans." Hayes said as i buried my head into his chest.

"Okay, so it looks like she has a history of sicknesses." The lady said.

"Yea."

"Okay, so is it just a fever or is it sweating?" The lady said.

"She's a little clammy. Not sweating though." Hayes said.

"Okay...." she tapped on the key board. "Is her heart rate fast?"

Hayes reaches around and placed his hand on my heart which i didn't realize was fast until now.

"Very." Hayes told the lady.

"Okay, is there anyway you can get her to the emergency room quickly."

"Yes." Hayes said before the lady hung up.

Hayes took his sweatshirt off and handed it to me.

"No, Hayes, i don't want to get you sick." I said as he got off the bed.

"It's okay, just put on the sweatshirt." Hayes said as he helped me put on the sweatshirt. Then he flung me over his shoulder and left the house.

*** skip drive ***

Because Hayes is so dramatic, he didn't even let me walk from the car to the hospital door. He made a paramedic come get me.

After a hour long of different test the nurse did, the doctor came in with his clipboard.

"Claudia, it appears that you have pneumonia. (ah-moan-ya)" The doctor said as he sat in his chair.

"Pneumonia?" I repeated. I've never had that.

"Yes, it basically when your lungs swell up and fill with liquid." The doctor explained. "And we're pretty sure you got it because your body has spent so much time fighting off the rest of your sicknesses that this one took over."

"So she has a weak immune system?" Hayes asked making the doctor nod.

"How do you cure it?" I cut straight to the point.

"It's nothing a little medication can't fix." The doctor said handing Hayes a bottle of pills. "Just take 3 a day. One in the morning, afternoon, and night."

After the doctor let us go we headed back to my house.