1.9

I put on the finishing touches to my makeup and started curling my hair.

"Babbbbee." Hayes dragged out from outside the bathroom. "Your gonna make us late."

"Shut up, we still have an hour and a half till we need to leave." I yelled back to him.

Hayes got up from his bed and stood in the doorframe.

"But what if i wanna go somewhere before the party." Hayes complained.

"Then i guess that's too bad." I said making him roll his eyes. "Oh, i forgot to tell you that I'm not on the pill right now."

Hayes looked at me funny. "Why not?"

"Cause the medicine I've been taking from when i got sick stops birth control from working."I explained to him.

"That's okay. You know i got strong pull out game." Hayes bragged making me roll my eyes.

"Hell no. I can still get pregnant which is not an option." I told Hayes.

"Okay so i guess we're going to target to get condoms before the party." Hayes said as i curled the last piece of hair.

I set down the curling iron and looked at myself in the mirror. "Do i look okay? I feel like I'm missing something."

Hayes didn't say anything but just started unbuckling his Gucci belt.

"Slow your roll, I just finished curling my hair." I said making Hayes roll his eyes again.

"Calm down." He said as he handed me his belt. "Put It on."

I turned around and put the belt on around my dress. It didn't look bad. Hayes left the bathroom to go find another belt.

-

I sat in the car waiting for Hayes to come out of Target as my phone rang. I picked up my phone looking at the caller ID. It was my mom. I haven't talked to her since Australia.

I hesitated put picked up the phone. "H-hello?"

"Claudia." My mom said making my heart speed up. "I know this isn't ideal for your 18th birthday but i just wanted to wish you a happy birthday."

I smiled as my eyes started to water. "Thank you, mom." I said as the line went silent. "When are you coming back to see me?"

"Oh baby, I'm not coming back." My mom said making me confused. "I had to move as far as possible away from you."

"What? Why?" I said getting more confused.

"Because your a disappointment. You are a disappointment to me, your father, and the rest of your family. So i moved to Australia to get away from you." My mom said as a tear slipped down my cheek and i hung up the phone.

Multiple tears streamed down my face as the car door opened. "Look what i got-" Hayes looked at my face. "What happened?"

I took a breath and tried to wipe the tears away. "My mom called me."

Hayes eyebrows furrowed. "What did she say?"

"She called to wish me a happy birthday." I started. "And to tell me that i was a disappointment to her and my dad and that why she moved to Australia."

Tears started flowing out of my eyes and Hayes hugged me over the center console. "You aren't a disappointment, Claudia. Your no where near to being a disappointment to anyone."

I sniffed. This was definitely going to ruin my day.

-

don't worry their is a part 2 to they're birthday