Dad

Suzumi
"Y-you're going to kill him?"

"I'm with the shitnerd on this,"

"You know where I stand."

"Well too bad, you can either come and help or you can get the hell out of here 'cause I'm doing this."

"We could force you to come back."

"You saw those videos, do you really think you can?"

They're silent at this. Except Bakugou of course. "You think you can fucking beat me?!"

"You're a strong fighter Bakugou but you're also young and there are plenty of weaknesses I can exploit."

"Even so it's three against one." Deku puts in, a serious look on his face I don't see often.

"You really think you can beat us?"

Even with my feet frozen to the ground, I raise my head and stare at each of them with burning confidence. "Yes."

Todoroki raises an eyebrow at my statement.

They're mostly surprised by my confidence because of what happened at the sports festival. In truth, I could probably have won or at least come in a close second but I hadn't been in it to make a name for myself. I didn't need to win. I did all I needed, it landed me a few additional choices for the internships and I was perfectly happy with that. That's all I wanted, and they didn't see my training at the forest camp and then during the attack I was one of the first to take in a tonne of the gas that knocked out more than a few people. They haven't seen me fight for real. Even at the USJ incident I was too busy helping people out with the thugs attacking the other students and restraining them to worry about the main fight, especially since All Might was there to help.

"See, now you sound like a villain." Deku whispers quietly,

"You don't know what your talking about!" I snap.

"You told me he tried to make you a killer, don't give him the satisfaction of letting him succeed."

"Kill him, and I'll haul your ass in myself."

"And I'll serve my time like any other villain just as it should be," I tell them in complete calm, "now let me go!" I shout.

They don't know how to respond, "Don't just throw away your life like that." Midoriya mutters meekly. I can see the tears leaking from his eyes.

"I've already hurt so many people, Deku, I should be in prison anyway but instead I got to go to UA. I don't deserve it and I don't deserve you guys, I never earned any of it so let me put it right and end my father in one move."

"Ok. But if you're gonna take this bastard down, we're gonna help."

"But we'll stop you from killing him if we can."

"And if we can't, we'll take you to the authorities ourselves." Todoroki finishes.

I nod- I wouldn't expect anything less- and my feet are released. I'm not wasting more time walking though. So instead, as the stars brighten in an ever-darkening night sky, I open up a portal, throwing caution about my healing process to the wind as I walk through and the others quickly follow.

Good luck dad, you've got UA's top three in the year coming at you, plus me. You won't know what hit you.

A few hours later, Deku is yawning, he wasn't expecting such a late night, "So why here?" he asks as he stares across the street at the corner where I'll be seeing my dad again, it's just like any other street corner except for it's history.