Useless

Narrator
The boys sat around the cell. Bakugou was exhausted and his arms killed from overuse of his quirk in his misguided attempts to break out. Midoriya was staring at the gate, he'd been watching the guards intently and had payed close attention to how the gate had reacted to Bakugou's battering- no doubt trying to form an escape plan. Todoroki was sitting around, resting and keeping an eye on Suzumi who was unconscious, lying in the corner of the cold, stone room. There were strange devices on her ears that had the boys perplexed. They didn't know what they were, what they did or why they were there, but they were pretty sure her dad had put them there and that meant they were bad. But they wouldn't risk doing anything until she was awake. So they waited.

And waited.

The moment she stirred, Todoroki went over to her. "Suzumi, are you alright?" he asked. She batted his hand away from her shoulder the moment it touched and jumped onto her feet into a defensive position, her eyes darting about wildly.

She made a strange clicking noise with her teeth as she frowned deeply.

"Suzumi it's us," she didn't react at all. She just kept making those strange noises, but different ones as she tentatively reached for her ear, only to hit the device.

"The hell-?" She took a deep, wary breath.

Todoroki clapped his hands together as loudly as he could, she didn't react in the slightest, "I don't think she can hear or see us." he told his friends.

"What?"

"You're fucking kidding me?"

Todoroki tried to reach for her again, but she reacted at the slightest touch, slapping him away and forcefully pushing him back.

"Stay away from me!"

"Zu-?" he began.

"She can't hear you." Deku reminded him.

"How do we show her it's us?" Todoroki asked. Midoriya shrugged his shoulders.

"There's one thing we could try..." Deku said looking reluctant.

The other two watched in utter shock as he literally attacked the girl with a hug, pinning her arms awkwardly against his chest as she struggled as hard as she could, screaming all the while for him to let her go and slamming her feet into his shins, ankles, anything she could reach. Todoroki's eyes widened as tiny portals flung rocks at Midoriya. Even blind and deaf she could still use her quirk... so why hadn't she just teleported out of here already?

Convinced that this was a terrible idea, but aware that it was too late to stop now and that doing so would only make things worse. Todoroki helped Midoriya restrain her. So that he could run her fingers along his hand. She stilled as she felt the scars from the training camp attack.

"D-Deku?"

Suzumi
As usual, opening my eyes doesn't bring the light. Being blind all my life does that. Confused? Understandable. I use my ears and other senses to 'see' and I do everything possible to keep my disability a secret. I guess that's another pride thing.

But it's different now, I've moved a little, I should've made noise, an image that shows me the outline of things and their textures should be in my mind's eye right about now.

Something on my shoulder. I bat it away. It feels like an arm. I jump to my feet and stand defensively, glad of the fact that I'm in a corner, I can feel the wall intersection behind me.

I click my tongue against my teeth like I used to when I first started using my ears as makeshift eyes. But I can't hear anything.

I should've made sound getting up.
Should be able to hear whoever is here with me's breathing. My own breathing.