A Rose by any Other Name

Narrator
The call had gone well, she'd checked with Principal Nezu first obviously but the captain had been all too happy to agree even when she explained what she needed to do. Because she needed, not wanted, needed, to do this. It was a burning desire in her chest, eating at her to find the real truth so she could put him to rest, and then maybe, she could put her mother to rest too.

It wouldn't be long now, she just had to wait till the end of the school day, when everyone came back to the dorm house and then she could do it.

She watched the clock, still in her room, with a gaze that could strip metal. Straining her ringing ears to hear the moment when people started walk by in through the doors downstairs.

It was already past time, but she hadn't heard the doors slam yet so she waited. And waited. And waited.

Slam!

She smiled and teleported. Appearing in front of Shinsou in the middle of the walk to his dorm house, "Hi, I have a favour to ask," He took a moment to get over the shock of her appearance as she continued, "and I know I already owe you for helping me with the whole mind control thing so it's ok if you'd rather not, I just would like to borrow you for maybe an hour tops and then you can come back and do whatever it is you do after school."

He blinked, putting his response to the quick blur of words into a reasonable and structured sequence of words, "You don't owe me for getting your dad out of your head, people like him give people like me a bad name," which is why so many people looked at the purple-haired boy as if he were a villain, "furthermore, I owe you for the sports festival," she shook her head but he ignored her, "so whatever this is would make us even, and I've got nothing better to do this afternoon so... what do you need?"

The explanation was quick and to the point and it left Shinsou reeling ever so slightly.

"Um, are you sure about this? Is it even safe?"

"That's why you're there."

Shinsou looked into a pair of determined orange eyes, he huffed lightly in defeat, "Then let's get this over with."

She smiled, thanking him, "Just go get changed into some normal clothes and then we'll go."

Shinsou nodded before continuing to his dorm house, "Wait, how will you know when I'm ready?"

"Just walk into the 1-A dorms, I'll know."

And with that, she was gone. Shinsou hurried back to get ready, already second-guessing his decision to go along with this crazy idea. Suzumi had only just broken free of her father and now he was letting her walk right back into his grasp? This whole idea was crazy, he didn't even know if he could help her if her dad somehow managed to take control of her again. She was putting a lot of faith in him and he couldn't even be sure that it wasn't completely misplaced.

It wasn't long before he was just about to enter the 1-A dorm house. He was a little worried about this, the last time he'd come into this place he'd fallen asleep on one of their sofas— he'd been exhausted as always— and he'd woken up with pen on his face. Fortunately however, this time he was barely in there for a second, he merely opened the door and found himself in a darkly coloured room. His stomach felt like it had been turned inside out.

"You're ok, I just teleported us without using a portal and you weren't prepared so you might feel a little sick for a few moments." a speeding voice blurted from beside him, a steadying grip on his arm as the world spun. Her voice quieted when she looked at him concernedly, "Sorry." It took a moment for his eyes to properly focus but as soon as they did, the tilting stopped and his stomach settled.