Heroes and Handcuffs

Present- Suzumi
'Are you ready?' I ask them.

Decked out in their hero suits, the group of heroes nod determinedly.

'Alright, I'll get you there and Suzumi will meet you on site.' I take a deep breath, why did I do it this way again? 'Good luck.'

Even though it takes energy I shouldn't be expending if we're about to raid a base, I teleport them without a portal. I don't want them getting too suspicious at the similarities between the Ghost and my quirks.

I tear off the black suit to reveal what I'm using instead of my old hero costume, groaning at the memory of trying to get that old thing on, I get that the suit was made to fit to my skin for mobility and everything but honestly, shouldn't they also be made with growth in mind. I'm maybe an inch taller than I used to be and suddenly I couldn't get the suit on no matter how hard I tried. And I remember it being so comfy too. But, being fair, I look pretty cool in this— it actually kinda reminds me of Jirou's costume. It's just a black leather jacket that's pretty tight but I can move easily in it and a thermal top underneath along with some thick, black leggings, bouncy trainers and a whole lot of stuff keeping my hair away from my eyes. I like it.
Still prefer my Ghost suit though.

I teleport to where I portalled them, there are no greetings. Only nods as we take our places. I'm on team 1's back up, part of the diversionary group while Hagakure and, later, the rest of team 2 infiltrate. I'm only to act in an emergency apparently and I don't care whether they're ok with it or not, if I think things are going downhill I'm getting everyone out, but other than that, they want to keep me out of the fight which, personally, I don't feel is a good use of resources but, I guess I can still do a lot to help with myself being safely out of range.

I bring myself to the rooftop near where my group will be making their diversion and connect my earpiece to the call linking the group together.

"Ready." echoes through the piece seven times and, taking a deep breath, I say it aloud for them all to hear. The fire starts up immediately, a huge pyre that avoids anything even remotely flammable while easily being enough to draw the attention of the indoor villains as smaller explosions create loud bangs. Todoroki and Bakugou are really outdoing themselves this time.

I watch carefully in the twilight as Uravity takes care of the first few in scarily good time and stealthily too. Remind me never to get on that woman's bad side. Combat was one of the things she really focused on clearly and it's really paid off.

"I'm in." Hagakure whispers over the comms. Wow, that girl is fast.

I stay as the eye in the sky as the number of villains heading for my team grows exponentially. But Bakugou and Todoroki stop with the show to help out and they seem to be dealing with it well. I'm not really needed here.

A scream rips through the earpiece, almost making me throw the thing out of my ear. It turns my blood cold and it's followed by multiple concerned voices shouting Hagakure's name, wow that hurt.

"Invisible Girl, are you there? Are you ok?"

This isn't good, maybe I should get her out, even if I do the mission still has a chance. The questions coming through become increasingly more desperate as I listen closely to see if I can hear the woman. Instead a hear another voice, a very quiet and much deeper one.

"Everybody stop, just shut up!" I shout through. The feed immediately becomes silent as I listen. "She's fine." I whisper, calming everyone down. "She almost got caught so we have to be quiet or they'll hear us shouting through her earpiece." I can feel as they suddenly understand.