Green Skies and Purple Trees

Suzumi
Sunday came faster than I could ever have hoped and the interrogation sessions were put on hold for a bit. The operation apparently went as planned but the real moment of truth will be when I get to take off the blindfold.

Naturally, seeing me walk around with a blindfold on meant people were acutely aware of my existence and were quick to offer me help getting to places but mostly, people just stay out of my way as I walk— although that could be more to do with the fact that everyone knows about my father's place in society now. It's funny. But I've been enjoying this newfound power being obviously blind and a pariah brings me.

It was especially fun during a hero lesson (the blind bit, I mean) when All Might decided that everyone would have to spend the entire thing blindfolded.

Other than me of course, I think Jirou and Midoriya were the best at it. Shoji too wasn't bad. I think Midoriya was good at it because he allowed himself to rely on instinct rather than trying to be in complete control like most of the others. Many of them even chose not to use their quirks because of the risks involved.

Since All Might thought it would be fun, he decided to do a me vs the entire blindfolded class sparring match. Since it was difficult for them to work as a team, it mostly ended up being a series of one-on-one matches until I got bored. That was when I got mischievous.

I'd make noise in a place and step out of the way just in time to watch everyone crash into one another. It took more than a few minutes to get people out of that tangled mess of arms and legs, especially since they still weren't allowed to see.

And while they did that, the only people left were the top three.

I took it easy on them, I didn't use my quirk once (Midoriya wasn't using his quirk either because he didn't want to miss and hurt someone) and I pulled my punches too. Also, as much as it pained me, I made sure I was making noise with every step but still, not one of them landed a proper hit on me and I dealt with them easily.

"So Young Hirota, how did the class do?"

I looked at the group of students who seemed very happy to be able to take those blindfolds off.

I want my blindfold off.

"Well, I hope none of you go blind in the foreseeable future, my only suggestion is to practise. Out of the class I'd say Jirou was probably on top and Shoji was a close second but that's mostly because their quirks allow them better hearing. Out of the non-hearing-enhanced students I'd definitely say Midoriya came out on top. Unlike most of you, he didn't go running into a situation because he'd heard the slightest rustle and he trusted his instincts to tell him where and when to throw a punch but overall, for your first time I guess you did good."

"I agree with Suzumi."

All Might is one of few teachers who refers to me by my first name as I had asked them all to ages ago.

"You were all awful at that."

I frowned I didn't remember saying that.

"It was very amusing."

I may have been thinking that but I hadn't said it, the class needed to be encouraged not laughed at.

"You try it All Might!" came an irritated voice from the crowd. He didn't seem very excited by the idea. But Mr Aizawa stepped forward instead, already blindfolded.