Waking Moments

Suzumi
I need sleep. I've been 'light-sleeping' for hours but I'm too far gone for it to make any difference. Oh, let me explain: 'light-sleeping' is what I call it when I lay in bed in a state of semi-consciousness, plugging my ears with music at a loud enough volume so I'm physically incapable of reaching even R.E.M. sleep (the point at which we dream), let alone deep sleep.

But even this loud music isn't doing much, I'm just too tired. I need real sleep, nightmares or no, I'm just beyond the point of caring.

No, I need to see someone who can help, or figure this out, I can last much longer than this without any sleep whatsoever, I've done it before, I can do it again.

Sleepy.

No! Shoot, I'm not gonna last long like this. Too tired to sleep, too scared to stay awake. Wait no, too tired to stay awake and too scared to sleep.

Oh God, I need to fix this.

I take a deep breath and focus, planning on teleporting to Recovery Girl so she can find someone who can fix me, but I miss. By a lot.

I'm so tired.

Fortunately, Bakugou's in his room, so he notices when I collapse on his floor.

"Fuck, how the hell do you look worse?!"

"I need to sleep," I mumble, barely conscious, pulling the loud music from my ears.

"Then fucking sleep, you idiot!"

You know what? I think that is a great idea, no wait, I need to go to Recovery Girl, I need a proper night's sleep, now.

"Can't," I try to say but I have no idea how it comes out, I'm completely delirious at this point and I know it.

"Yeah you can, just sleep stupid Zuchinni, I got your back or whatever."

I can't even fight it anymore. My eyes are so heavy that I can't help but close them. And true, glorious sleep follows.

Narrator
Bakugou knew who it was when he heard knocking on his door, "Come in!" he shouted and watched Kirishima's reaction as he took in the scene. Bakugou was sitting on his floor, a few of his school books scattered around and some weights nearby if he got really bored. But his left hand was currently being held by Suzumi— whose eye-bags were now black— laying out cold on the floor behind him.

"She won't fucking let go!" he complained, holding up his hand in clear aggravation.

"Bro, shush, she really needs the sleep,"

"She may aswell be dead right now, nothing could fucking wake her!"

"Still bro, at least try to be quiet." he pleaded.

"Fucking fine," the blonde muttered, "let's just get some shitty work done."

Kirishima took a seat next to Bakugou, letting their knees brush as he did and they got to work.

Every now and then, Zu would stir or Bakugou would feel a tug on his hand and each time he'd use his thumb to stroke the back of her hand and she'd be fine. He guessed that the earlier he began helping the nightmare, the easier it was to calm her down and later, when Bakugou was desperate to go to the toilet, he and Kirishima completed the seemingly impossible feat of Indiana Jones switching their hands. Zu barely noticed the change or so it seemed. And they didn't bother switching back afterwards— although Kirishima freaked out slightly when she started pulling his arm and Bakugou snickered as he told the redhead to cool it and follow his simple instructions, wondering how the redhead had so easily helped him out when he struggled so much with her. Suzumi quickly calmed down every time and they spent the entire day like this, switching whenever they needed to and managing to keep Suzumi peacefully asleep.