Epilogue

Suzumi
I lie in bed as I always do in the group-commander quarters of Nine. It's taken a long time to get this far, I've worked hard, but I'll be coming home soon and I'll have a whole lot of spirals to add to my suit once I'm done. Or maybe I'll just do away with the whole thing, I'm never doing undercover again, I've had more than my fair share.

Yes, almost home. Just think about that. Home and safe. Where I can meet Midoriya and Uraraka and Kirishima again, talk with them until the Sun goes down. Apologise for leaving again, again. I'm not a great friend, am I?

And maybe I can see Todoroki.

As if on cue, the ringing in my ears begins. I shake my head, I remember the first time this started up again. I was so confused, I teleported straight to the hero I rescued as a teenager— the cause for the ringing the first time around— he was shocked, but completely fine. And so, months of the random ringing popping up to torment me at all hours of the day and night ensued. One day though, I just decided I'd see if I could somehow track whatever this new source was through the spine-shattering scream. And it seemed I could. I was pretty amazed to find the source was a baby bawling in its crib.

Looking around, I didn't see anyone coming to soothe the child so, keeping my ears wide open for anyone (or at least attempting to hear beyond the racket of the screaming child), I lifted the child into my arms and gently rocked it, lifting my hand to its face and gently brushing my fingers along its soft cheeks. It grabbed my finger in its small but firm grip and brought my finger to its mouth and began sucking on it. I didn't really know how to react but the baby had stopped crying so I figured it couldn't be a bad thing.

I ended up coming by every now and then, somehow avoiding the parents each time until one fateful night.

"Put her down!" a commanding voice ordered, "Put her down, step away and put your hands up!"

I recognised the voice and almost completely froze up, if it weren't for the threatening tone in his voice I probably wouldn't have moved at all. "I don't mean you or her any harm," I told him, gently placing his daughter back into her cushioned crib, "I'm just an old friend, who heard a baby crying," I turned around, slowly raising my arms to my hood, "and came to help."

Suffice it to say, he was shocked when the hood came down, "Where have you been? Why didn't you come back sooner?" the greenette asked me, immediately pulling me into a heartfelt hug.

"I dunno, I just-" I was pretty glad when he cut me off,

"And why are you here in the dead of night? You scared me half to death, you know!"

"Sorry, I've been hearing your daughter crying, so I've been coming by every now and then."

"You've been what?"

I did what I could to explain it— not that I ever truly figured it out myself. But the conversation quickly went south when Midoriya's eyes widened, "I should get Sho!"

"No!" I stopped him quickly, "U-Um, I'd rather not."

He looked at me sadly, "What happened when I left you two at that warehouse?"

I was surprised he even remembered, it seemed so long ago to me and it truly was, but this was a night full of surprises. "We both said things, some of which, we regret."

His head tilted as he placed a heavy hand on my shoulder, "You know he forgives you, and he does feel bad about whatever it was he said."

"I know, I just, would rather not."

And like always, Midoriya Izuku, the number one hero Deku, understood and accepted.

So here I am, at the dead of night, once again. Rocking someone else's baby and feeding them from a bottle Midoriya left out for me like always, in a house that doesn't belong to me. I'm so creepy... don't judge.

"Step away from the baby!"

Shit, oh no. I bet Midoriya did this on purpose.

I repeat the same actions I did the first night, gently placing her down, stepping away, only this time when I lift the hood, my eyes stay downcast as the lights flick on and I'm knocked to the floor.

"Suzumi?" He jumps back like he's been shot, the fire burning in his hand immediately dying.

I can't speak. He can't be here.

"What are you doing here?"

"I-I-" I feel like I can't breathe.

He notices and pulls me up into a hug, stroking my back to calm me down like I'm a baby and letting us tilt side to side. I really am a baby.

"It's good to see you." he whispers.

I grip on to him tightly all of a sudden, hearing that, I guess, I never expected- I thought- I still think- he hates me. I'm an idiot. "You too." I choke out back to him. I missed him. I've missed him so much.

"How much longer is your mission?" he inquires as he softly releases me.

"Not long now, then I'll be coming home, and I don't plan on leaving for a long while or ever."

He smiles. "I'm glad, I look forward to it."

"Me too." I tell him, feeling more hope than I have for a long time. I step back, preparing to leave.

"See you soon, Zu."

"See you soon, Todoroki."

The End.

Author's Note
Haha, can't get rid of me that easily. Yeah so, endings aren't my thing... which is fair because I've never written a proper one before. I hope you didn't think this story was trash and if you did well, ok. Good to know, thanks for reading anyway.
Live well, live awesome.

Bye!