The Rumour

Narrator
It was a slow day for class 1-A, little had really happened and the day honestly felt like it was being dragged behind a snail. That was until just before lunch when Suzumi overheard something unsettling.

"I've heard these freaky rumours going round," It was Mineta's weird and creepy voice and Zu was about to block it out like she always did with him when, "apparently, someone in our class is a villain's kid and they've killed before,"

"What? No way!" came Kaminari's disbelieving response,

"Yes way, my money's on Bakugou,"

Hearing this made Suzumi very nervous, she didn't really want people to know about her... questionable heritage, not this way at least. But at the same time, she really didn't like the fact that fingers were being pointed at Bakugou.

"Suzumi, are you coming to lunch?" Todoroki asked, she put her finger over her lips and pointed to her ear. He frowned but nodded, keeping quiet and trying to figure out which of the students— all of which were packing away and chatting to their neighbours— Zu was listening to.

"Bakugou may be a little... bad-tempered, but we've known him for long enough now to realise, he's not actually a bad guy,"

"But maybe that's why the League was so interested in him in the first place!"

They sounded like conspiracy theorists to Zu, no way was Bakugou a villain's kid, they were being idiotic.

"Man, I don't think anyone in this class has a villain for a parent, I doubt UA would even let someone like that in."

How wrong they were.

"I don't know, but a lot of people are talking about it so it's gotta end somewhere."

That was probably the most ominous thing anyone had ever heard out of that pervert's mouth.

Wary now, Suzumi went to lunch, keeping an ear out for anyone else who was talking about it. Unfortunately, it seemed to be all Monoma from class 1-B could talk about. Zu rubbed her temples, of course that guy had something to do with this, she'd have been more surprised if he hadn't. The annoying 1-A hater was spreading whispers to the entirety of his class and Suzumi had a very strong and overpowering feeling that this would end very badly.

She wasn't wrong. The next day, these whispers had intensified but it wasn't till lunch, when Momo came over to the table Zu was sitting at with Midoriya, Todoroki, Uraraka and Iida that anyone mentioned it directly to her.

"Hey, I just thought you guys should know," she told them, taking a spare seat, "there are some nonsensical rumours going around about someone in our class having villain parents."

Todoroki and Midoriya tried not to hide how they were really reacting as they each tried to subtly turn to Zu.

"That's crazy," Zu said, keeping her cover with an easy smile that showed she didn't believe a word of what the rumour said.

"Exactly, I just thought I'd tell you guys so you knew."

Everyone around the table nodded and thanked Momo for mentioning it before returning to their own conversation, it didn't last long however when Uraraka interrupted with, "Do you think Momo might be right?"

"Uraraka, you should know better than to listen to rumours!" Iida admonished, flailing his hands about as robotically as ever.

"But if she is, who do you think it would be?"

Midoriya looked very uncomfortable while Todoroki managed to remain as cool as a cucumber. Even as a painful knot built up in her stomach, Suzumi managed to put on an air of normality.