Chapter 8: Aizawa's Engaged?!

I'm going to start putting announcements at the bottom unless it's about how to read certain things. Btw, the song is called, "Epiphany" by BTS (I've been an Army for about a year now. The reason I didn't choose IDOL [or any other song with a meaning of loving yourself], was because I felt like this one was more solemn and fit the story better).

..........................................

Yashi's P.O.V:

As we passed the front gate, I noticed the amount of reporters that were outside. 'I'd die if I went out there in that crowd' I started to mess with my fingers and eventually cleaned my nails at the thought.

As we walked inside, I saw Hizashi approach us with a giddy smile. He kissed Ai-san, and lucky for them, none of the students were around. Actually, it was a little early. "We have a meeting! Yashi, you can come too!", I nodded and we walked toward Nedzu-sama's office.

"We're engaged!", Hizashi announced once the room was quiet. Toshi-san smiled and Nemuri-san squealed. Granny-Chihiro muttered, "Finally." Snipe-san nodded. Kan-san (Vlad King; Class 1-B's homeroom teacher) smiled for once. The first bell range after everyone congratulated the two. "We'd better go then. See you later!", Hizashi-san quickly pecked Ai-san's cheek.

You could hear class 1-A talking all about the reporters from this morning from outside. Once I opened the door, Uraraka-chan waved, causing me to feel a bit akward. Of course, I waved back and slowly approached her, Iida-san, and Midoriya-san. We were just making small talk, and at one point, we all exchanged numbers. Kirishima even talked with us for a while. Ai-san walked in and everyone became quiet. "Today, the battle isn't over...", Ai-san vaguely announced. I could tell that everyone was on edge. "You need to pick a class rep", everyone's sighes or grumbles (looking' at you, porcupine) we heard. "But wait? We barely know each other? Won't we just pick ourselves?" "I don't know. Just figure it out by lunch", Ai-san went into caterpillar mode and dozed off. "Well, I think we should do this democratically. Whoever gets the most votes becomes class rep!", Iida looks like he wants to be class rep so bad. 'Well, either him or Kirishima would be good votes...Maybe even Yaomomo-chan and Midoriya-san...Iida looks like he wants to...I don't want to hurt his feelings...', I guess I was thinking too long, because my name was called by Uraraka-chan. "Hey, we need you to vote. N-not to rush you! Sorry", I told her it was okay and wrote my final decision down on paper. I walked up and placed my ballot into the box.

[Midoriya-3
Yaomomo-2
Iida, Kirishima, Nakandashi, Uraraka, Todoroki, Aoyama, Tsuyu, Hagakure-1]

"Someone voted for me!" "Someone voted for me...?" Iida and I said at the same time, just with different tones. 'Well, I guess it's okay. Two of my candidates made it. I just didn't want to hurt Iida-san...', I thought to myself. Midoriya-san and Yaomomo-chan both stood at the front. Yaomomo-chan looked a little disappointed, and Midoriya-san was red all over.

"Hey, now that that's over, how about we see what's inside of the sleeping bag~!", Ashido-chan exclaimed. Of course, most of us, especially me, were not convinced that it would be a good idea. "C'mon! Just a quick peek! What if he has something other than himself in there!", now, the class was getting intrigued. I was still shaking my head 'no'. "C'mon, Naka-kun! It'll be fun", I engaged in a silent staring contest as she said those words. She noticed and played along. 45 seconds pass, no one has said a thing and was watching us play this stupid game. Suddenly, someone clapped in front of my face, making me blink. "Yes!", half of the class, including Ashido-chan, rushed to the front of the class, making sure not to wake up the sleep-deprived man.

"Hey, look! He has an engagement ring! I wonder who the lucky lady or man is!", Ashido-chan whisper-yelled. 'Well, fuck. There goes that...' Todoroki-san discreetly looked to me and I slightly nodded my head. Suddenly, the lunch bell rang. Everyone forgot about the news and hurried to taste Ranchi-san's (Lunch Rush) food. Ai-san woke up and yawned. He eventually got out of his sleeping position and walked towards me and Todoroki, who was still in the classroom. "Um, Ai-san? They found out about the engagement...", I said. Once it registered, he sighed in anguish. "Those fucking brats....anyway, I'm going to go to the principal's office if you need me", both of us nodded. "Is the person any good?", Todoroki suddenly asked. I nodded and hummed. "Yeah. He's taken care of me when Ai-san was on missions. He's nice and loyal too. I just can't say the name for obvious reasons", I spoke with sincerity. Todoroki almost choked when he heard me say 'he'. Todoroki hit his chest until everything was fine. "A guy, huh? I've never heard of anyone in the hero community to be gay", I just munched on the sandwich that I packed. Once I was done, I swallowed and said, "You'd be surprised. Someone in the Top five is bi, I won't say who though." He nodded in thought.