Chapter 19: Hospitality or Hostility?

Yashiro's P.O.V.:

I partially laid down on my hospital bed, barely registering what the other boys were talking about. "It seems like everytime I get involved in something, someone ends up hurting their hand....is...is this a curse?", Todoroki-san explained with a humorously frightened face. We all burst into laughter. "No seriously. It's like I'm the "hand crusher" or something", the other two, Iida-san and Midoriya-san both laughed harder. I just kinda stifled my giggles.

One by one, we were examined. My twisted ankle would take a couple weeks to heal and as it turns out, most of my burns were only 2nd degree burns and would heal withing the next couple of weeks. However, because of my legs spending more time near fire, I had two splotchy 3rd degree burns on my calves. They were kinda numb, which hindered my walking, but I think the pain will go away. Besides, this isn't the first time I've been burned. Though, I'd rather not get into any detail about that. I decided not to tell the others about the third degree burns.

After Iida-san shared his heart breaking results, three of our mentors came in. "Gran Torino!" "Mr.Edgeshot?" "Manual!?", Iida, Midoriya, and I shouted. I quickly looked over to Todoroki-san, giving him an apologetic look, but he probably didn't see it. "Yah! You! Before you start your blabbering, you guys have a guest", Gran Torino said. Just then, a police officer with a dog head came into the room.

"The stunt the three of you pulled", he looked at the three to my left,"-Was very dangerous and should not have been performed without at least two pros helping you". I looked at the police officer in confusion. 'But...they still accomplished what they needed to...plus, nobody died or got injured to the point of never becoming a hero. It's like he's afraid of something or a possible situation'. "However, what you three did was commendable. Sadly, using quirks without a license is illegal. Plus, the public cannot know of you guys being the one's who caused the Hero Killer's capture. Villains would take this as a challenge and try to kill you. What we can do, is pose Endeavor as the victor", the Chief said. 'That makes more sense. Maybe I should think about possible future situations instead of making assumptions. Maybe? Probably? Yeah', I thought.

"Now you", he looked at me, "-You have shown a great example to all young heroes. This is a letter from a little girl whom you have saved". I gasped as he gave me the letter. "Now all of you, please be more careful next time something like this happens", he said before leaving the room. Mr. Manual and Gran Torino karate-chopped their students' heads. Mr. Edgeshot just ruffled my hair, which I tried not to flinch from. I realised that to a villain, it could show weakness and put me or others in more danger. I'm just trying to get used to other peoples' touch is all. Well, as long as they don't touch me without consent.

After they left, I started to open the envelope. A light blue piece of folded paper came into view as I took it out.

"Thank you for saving me! I'm gonna be your fan for forever! One day I wanna be someone like you!"

That was when I smiled. "Hey, Nakandashi-kun, what's on the letter?", I handed it to Midoriya-san. "When did you save her? I don't remember seeing anyone with you", he asked. "Well, while you guys fought Stain, I was in the wrecked part of town. I remember seeing a gigantic Nomu run towards the girl. She was stuck under a large truck. Next thing I knew, she was in my arms", I answered with a thoughtful look. We all exchanged our perspectives, jokes, and silence. The few of us had just gotten closer.

(Time Skip)

After a couple days, Iida-san left the hospital, refusing to get the surgery until after he proves to himself that he's a hero. We believe in you, Iida-san! Todoroki-san left the day after he did. It was just Midoriya-san and I.

Since we all were in the same room, he noticed me staying up every night. He just hasn't said anything about it until they left. "Nakandashi-kun, are you an insomniac?", he asked out of the blue. I nodded and kept my head down. 'That's probably weird, right? A little girl's hero is an insomniac? I probably should have just said no', I started to think to myself. "A-ah, u-um, it's not a bad thing. I just kinda started noticing it as we stayed here for treatment. Which, by the way, what are you getting treated for? You didn't tell us". I sighed and contemplated wether or not to show him my calves. "Well, you can see the burns on my arms, hands, and neck, right?", at this, he nodded. I grimaced as I pulled up my pant legs. "The result of staying in the fire too long caused my legs to get extra damage. Take a look at my legs, anything wrong?", I asked as I rotated them, as far a humanly possible, to show him what happened to my calves. "T-that's horrible! Are you okay? Does-" "Should we really be asking each other that? Besides, I saved people. If this is what it takes, then so be it", I cut him off. "Right, 'Deku'-san?", I smiled and put my hand out. He grinned and shook my hand. "Yes".

(Time Skip)

3rd. P.O.V. :

When the boys arrived to class, they were bombarded about the experience. "I heard you saved some people, Naka-kun! A little girl made a statement about you on the News!", Mina told Yashi. He gave a sort of surprised look. "She...she talked about me on the news?" "Yeah! You and the Hero Killer are all over the place!", he put his head down in embarrassment. Well, he appreciated it, but he didn't want the spotlight on him at the moment. "You did great, mon ami!", Aoyama said, pulling a rose out of nowhere, which made Yashiro smile. "Thank you, Mina-san, Aoyama-san. I appreciate your kind words", Yashiro said.

Class started as usual. "Alright students. Now, there is something that you need to work hard to achieve". This put every student on edge. 'What is it?', everyone questioned. "Midterm exams are coming up", Aizawa said.

............................................
Hey! Voting is now final!
I tallied up each vote and made sure to go back and check every comment to make sure that I counted correctly.

Guess who won?

My boy, Bakugo!!

He's actually the one I wanted Yashiro to end up with. It was probably obvious but I'm going to pretend it wasn't.

I'm sorry to those of you who wanted someone else. It was actually pretty close and Bakugo only won by one point. If you want to quit reading, that's up to you.

Btw, rip Midoriya. He didn't get a single vote lol. I imagined them having a fluffy relationship (if he were to win). Fucking rip.

With a new motivational mindset, and knowing who the love interest is, I feel like I am more optimised to write this story!

Love y'all!

Ciao!!

(Btw, this chapter was not edited and there may be some mistakes and/or plot holes. Feel free to comment them and let me fix/explain the situation).