Truth

Lunch

Your POV

I walked into the cafeteria with Bebe and Hayley. They were talking about something. I think I heard something about caillou a couple times but I didn't really know. We got our lunch which were burgers and french fries. We punched in our lunch number and sat down at our table. Bruno and Bryson come down a couple minutes later.

"What's up peeps?" Bruno said as he sat down next to me.

Bryson sat down next to Bebe and immediately started eating his food.

"Damn hungry ass! Don't take my food if you want seconds." Bebe said scooting over.

I notice Kehlani walk in the cafeteria and laugh at Bebe's comment, throwing a couple fries in my mouth and trying not to turn my attention to her.

"Damn, these fries are dryer than a camel's ass." I say, causing the entire table to crack up.

Hayley leans on my shoulder, trying to pull herself together before kissing my cheek.

"I swear I freakin love you!" She shouts and I smile.

Kehlani didn't look to happy though.
————————
After School

Me and Hayley decided to wait a while before driving home. We were outside the school, sitting under the tree that everyone liked to hang out under. Neither of us said anything so Hayley broke the silence.

"So..."

"So...." I looked at her and could tell she was uncomfortable. I didn't blame her though.

"Where do I stand with you?" She asked straight to the point.

I adjust my position uncomfortably before answering.

"I honestly don't know. I mean...you make me happy. You're very good at it. You're funny and cute. I just..." I didn't want to finish the sentence but I already started it so I had to.

"I just don't wanna lose my best friend if things don't work out."

Hayley pulled me into a hug. "You won't lose me. That I can promise. I'll be here no matter what. Just give me a chance." She said, pulling back and looking at me. I nod and attach my lips to hers. She pulls away for a moment.

"Wait, does this mean we're official?"

I nod and kiss her again. This time she melts into the kiss.

Kehlani's POV

I was walking out the school with Shaina when I saw Y/N kissing Hayley. I stopped and my heart throbbed at the sight.

Seeing that was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Seeing Y/N kiss a girl that wasn't me hurt a lot. It hurt that I didn't have the balls to claim what belonged to me. A kindred spirit that I longed for. She couldn't stay single forever. Eventually she'd have to grow up, leave the nest, and make her decisions. Whether or not she chose to to take me with her was something I'd never know. I could only do what I can to get her to fall for me and I didn't even do that.

I had no one to blame but myself.

I sigh and walk away with Shaina right behind me.

Seeing her with Hayley pained me but I wasn't gonna be a pussy and let her get away. I didn't want anyone touching her but me. She belonged to me, no one else. I had to get her back.

Today wasn't the day though.

Your POV

I attach my lips to Hayley's. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me closer to her as she deepens the kiss. I grab her face so she can't pull away.