Confusion

Enjoy...

Kehlani's POV

Coco? Who the hell was this? Y/N never told me about anyone named Coco. I wonder if she's an ex.

"Uh Kehlani." I reply. She smiles slightly and looks over at Y/N.

"Pretty name." She says, walking over to Y/N. I tense up when she runs her fingers over Y/N's cheek.

"I heard she was in the hospital but I didn't know why. What happened?" She made eye contact with me when she asked this. I ran a hand through my hair, making sure to keep my other one in contact with Y/N's.

"She was shot. I got the license plate but it doesn't make any sense. Her parents talked to the police and they said they'd try to find who the car belongs to but I haven't heard anything from them yet."

Coco placed her hand on top of mine across the bed.

"It takes time. Don't worry she'll get through this." She looks back at Y/N and a smile crosses her face.

"She always does."

I look at her confused. She has to be an ex. I've never seen a family member with this much affection towards someone.

"Thank you." She says quietly.

"For what?" She was acting uncomfortably weird.

"For looking out for her. You're the most caring cousin I've ever met."

I almost choked but instead let out a laugh. She looked at me like I just lost my mind.

"Sorry. Um... no. She's my girlfriend." I say after I control myself. Coco's face fell and she immediately pulled away from Y/N and the bed.

She looks back and forth between me and Y/N for a while and I start to shift around in my chair due to the level of tension in the room. Finally she clears her throat and opens her mouth to say something.

"I see." She smooths her clothes out and looks at Y/N one last time then back at me before walking out the door.

What was that all about?

Shaina's POV

I get a phone call from an unknown number and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Shaina right? It's Dustin. Deacon's boy."

"Oh what's up?"

"Uh..well we're outside of this chick's house. We placed the box down on the porch and rang the doorbell but no one's home."

"What the hell do you mean no one's home?" I asked irritably.

"Simple. No one's home. I saw a big puddle of dry blood  on the sidewalk in front of her house so obviously something bad happened."

I froze when he said that. What happened that caused that much blood on the ground? And more importantly, was Kehlani hurt?

"You guys are a good distance away from the house right? Are there cops around?" I asked, trying not to let worry cross my voice.

"Yes and no. We're parked around the bend in front of her house. There is trees and bushes and stuff so it gives us good cover."

I run a hand through my unruly hair and let out a breath as I pace back and forth in my room. I grab my jacket and slip on my converses.

"Alright I'll be there in 10."

"Alright come around the back. You know where it is right?" He asks. I can't tell if he's worried or not. My guess is no.

"Yeah Deacon gave me the info before he sent you guys out."

"Okay. We'll see you."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and slip my jacket on. I grab my keys and walk outside to my truck. I get in the truck and see a picture of me and Kehlani in a bent down position holding hands and smiling. We looked happy.

I kissed the picture before putting the key in the ignition and driving to Y/N's house

————————

I got there in under ten minutes and went around the back just like Dustin told me to. I parked my car behind his and turned the lights off. I saw two figures emerge from their car and I got out of mine. Dustin, who I presumed was the one who was in the driver seat was tall and very intimidating. He had a short buzz cut and a long scar that ran down the side of his face. His lips were a firm line and his grey eyes stared me down. His partner that I didn't know the name of looked a lot nicer. He had a head full of hair that was slicked back and a little stubble around his mouth.

"You Shaina?" Dustin asked. His voice was deep and gruff.

"Yeah. That's me. Have you seen anything so far?" I ask looking in the direction of Y/N's house. He shook his head. No. A cop car just left a couple minutes ago. He was just checking out the house. Probably looking for evidence and the cause of that blood on the ground."

"This wasn't you guys right?" I ask genuinely. I hear the nicer looking guy snort.

"Please. We handle explosives not blades or firearms or whatever cause this bloodbath."

I mentally roll my eyes. Bombs cause bloodbaths too but whatever.

I check the time and it's almost 1 in the morning at this point. I don't think anyone is going to be home soon.

"Alright well just take it back for now. I need to see why no ones home. I'll call you
n things get back to normal." I turn to walk back to my car.

"Now hold on a second. We can't just go up there and take a bomb and put it in our trunk like it's nothing. That'll kill both of us." Dustin says grabbing my arm. I turn back around and look at him for a second before I speak.

"That bomb is detonated by a button right?" I ask calmly. Dustin nods slowly.

"Well put the bomb in your car and don't press the fucking button!" I rip out of Dustin's grip and get in the car, driving back to my house. I needed to figure out what was going on.

Hope you enjoyed.

So Shaina didn't do this?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Nothing you wear is more important than your smile