Questions

Hello beautiful humans of Earth. I decided I'd piss y'all off even more by adding the photo. I'm sorry for being a dick I just love seeing your reactions. Things are about to get hella crazy from this point on so please don't kill me. Thank yerrrrr!

Kehlani's POV

Y/N had been rushed to the hospital. Her mom rode with her and her dad and Hayley left already, leaving only me. I sat there for a couple minutes, staring at the massive pool of blood on the concrete. Who did this? My mind automatically wandered to someone. I didn't want to believe that she did it but I was pissed.

I got up and sprinted to my house, not caring that I couldn't breathe or that my chest hurt. I reached my house and found my dad's keys to his truck. I grabbed them and ran outside to the car, jumping in and starting it. My dad never let me drive his truck so I knew I'd get my ass beat but I didn't care. I drove off to the hospital, barely avoiding cars as the pass me. My mind couldn't shake the license plate.

PBPB

What does that mean? Who gets a random pattern of words for their license plate? It had to be something cryptic, which was something I wasn't good with at all. The only person that I knew who knew anything about this type of stuff was Shaina. Lord knows I don't want anything to do with her after the stunt she pulled but I'd deal with it if it meant getting justice for my baby.

————————

I reached the hospital and hurried into the ER. I ran up to the woman at the desk that was here the last time Y/N was here.

"Ah I see you're back." She said sarcastically with a smirk on her face. I ignored her comment and ran a shaky hand through my hair.

"Can you just tell me where Y/N Y/L/N is please. I'm already annoyed."

The woman who's name read Yvonne looked at me empathetically. She sighed and grabbed my hands, causing me to look at her nervously. She chuckled at the sight of my face.

"Listen. I saw the way you and your girlfriend acted around each other the last time you were here. I can tell you guys love each other a lot. Bad things happen. It's a part of life. Now I'm not saying that what happened to her, which happens to have the whole er going haywire, was supposed to happen. But I am gonna say, let this be a learning lesson. And most of all, don't let this come between you. I understand that you probably want to go out there and kill the person or people who did this to her and even risk death row or something but right now your girl needs you. So go in there and be there for her. Protect her and show her that you love her and that you're gonna continue to be there for her. She needs it the most right now."

I let this sink in for a moment. And Yvonne was right. Y/N needed me right now and I couldn't walk in there with this hatred and anger inside of me. I'd only end up lashing out at the wrong person. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened them again, Yvonne was smiling at me.

"Better?" She asked amused.

I nodded. She pat my back and lead me back into the er.

"Good luck." She whispers in my ear and walks back to the desk.

I walk to the nurses behind another desk who are focused on their computer.

I clear my throat. "Excuse me." The lady behind the desk looks up at me. She's much younger looking than Yvonne and she looks exhausted. Her dirty blonde hair is pulled back in a tight ponytail and she's wearing dark blue scrubs. She had dark circles under her aquamarine colored eyes. She rubs the back of her neck.

"Yes? Who are you hear for?" She asked sleepily. I felt kinda bad for her.

"Um. Y/N Y/L/N." I reply. The women looks down at her computer for a second and when she looks back up I can clearly see her ID. It read Perrie.

"Oh yes. She's room 1504 right down the hall. Right now it's just family visiting. Are you family?" She asked.

Was I family? I mean it's not like we were married or anything but her parents liked me and me and Hayley were cool. I didn't know.

"Yeah. Yeah I am." I replied.

Perrie smiled and gestured for me to go ahead. I walked straight down the hallway till I got to room 1504. I didn't see anyone waiting outside the room so I guessed everyone was inside. I knocked gently and a couple seconds later, Y/N's mom opened the door. She smiled weakly when she saw me and beckoned for me to come in. She looked her horrible. You could tell that she's been crying for a while now. But then again, who could blame her. Her daughter was on the verge of death right now. I walked towards the bed that Y/N laid in lifelessly. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, knowing that she wouldn't squeeze back. Tears threatened to fall and I tried to prevent it from happening but I failed miserably. I broke down at the sight of her. She had an IV in her and was connected to a breathing machine. Her eyes were closed and I wondered what was going on from her point of view. Was she dreaming. Did she see darkness? Could she hear what's going on around her? So many questions in my head but the only one that always found a way back to me was who. Who was cruel enough to do something like this to someone so kind and innocent. She never did anything wrong. She didn't deserve to be in a hospital bed, clinging onto life. She didn't deserve to be hurt like this. She deserves love.

"It should've been me." I say. Hayley comes up behind me and places her hand on my shoulder.

"What?"

"It should've been me. Y/N doesn't deserve this. Whoever did this to her is in for the ass whooping of a lifetime." I say sternly, never taking my eyes off Y/N. I rub the back of her hand with my thumb, letting her know that I'm here for her every step of the way even if she can't feel it.

"Lani don't speak like that." She says rubbing my arm gently. I shake my head and look at her.

"I'm serious Hayley. Y/N didn't deserve what these sons of bitches did to her. It should have been me. If I had just went with you guys none of this would've happened."

Hayley looks at me and then to Y/N's parents.

"Uh Mr. and Mrs.Y/L/N, can we have a moment please?"

They nod and walk out the door. She looks back to me and slaps me, hard.

"Ow! What the fuck Hayley." I yelp, resting my hand on my cheek.

"Don't you for a second think that this shit is your fault because it's not. You were doing what your dad asked you to do. How can we blame you for that. Not only that but this still would've happened with or without you there because it's clear that somebody's out to get Y/N. You being there could've got you hurt or killed."

"But Y/N's right here clinging onto life. I could've stopped this." I argue.

"At least she still has something left to cling onto." Hayley grabs my face and looks at me eye to eye.

"Give her a better grip of it."

I didn't understand what she meant. How in the hell was I supposed to do that? It's not like I can pull her out of this situation.

"What?"

"Stop thinking everything is your fault and be there for your girl."

Hayley walked out and I sat down on the other side of the bed, resting my head in Y/N's lap. I must've been tired because I woke up a couple hours later to the sound of the door opening. I lifted my head up to see a dark skin girl with short curly black hair and plump lips walk in. She was wearing a big Tupac shirt with skinny jeans and black Jordan's but still looked stunning. But who the fuck was she?

"Who are you?" I asked awkwardly. My voice came out in a weird squeak which made her chuckle a little.

"I'm Coco. And you are?"

I hope you enjoyed.

Who's Coco?

How's the book so far? Please let me know.

Love you babes❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Smiling doesn't necessarily mean you're happy. Sometimes it just means you're strong.

Not proofread since it's like 3:00 in the morning and I'm exhausted. I'll edit later.