Rejection

Enjoy peeps!

Kehlani's POV

I was laying down in bed when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and saw it was Hayley who was calling. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone groggily.

"Hey Lani, you busy?" Hayley asked. She sounded excited.

"Uh no but my phone bout to die so whatever you gotta say make it quick." I say, picking my phone off my ear to look at the battery percentage.

"Damn you really need to learn how to charge your phone Lani."

I smack my lips and let out a dry laugh.

"Man whatever. I'm just tryna sleep and your head ass decides to call me so what can I do for you?" I turn over on my back.

Hayley laughed and I could tell she moved the phone closer to her face cause I could hear her breathing.

"Uh well I have some news about Y/N." She said, trying to sound as emotionless as possible.

"What?!! I'm on my way just give me-" I got cut off when Shaina ran in the room and jumped on me.

"Baby get off the phone would you." She shouts.

"Man stop calling me that you weird bro."

"You know you like it." She responded, pinching my cheeks.

"Mhm." I say sarcastically as I throw her off me.

"Aight Hayley look, I'm on my way just give me ten minutes." I said, getting out of bed.

There was no reply.

"Hello?" I asked.

Still nothing. I pressed the power button a couple times and when my phone didn't turn on, I concluded that it was dead.

"Shit." I said under my breath as I pulled a shirt over my head.

"Baby where you going?" I hear Shaina ask from behind me.

"Stop fucking calling me that. I don't know how many times I done told your ass but you're starting to piss me off." I grabbed my shoes and started putting them on. I felt Shaina crawl across the bed as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You're cute when you're upset." She whispers in my ear. I shrug her off of me and stand up.

"I'm about to be fucking gorgeous." I grab my hoodie which happens to still be covered in Y/N's blood. Shaina tried to wash it out but only got out as much as it would let her.

"Why are you so upset? I was just playing." Shaina sits up in the bed and threw a pillow at me. I let it hit the ground before looking back up at her.

"My girlfriend is in the hospital clinging onto life. Hayley called and said she had news about her. What does that even mean? What if she's dead?" I shouted, hot tears welled up in my eyes and I turn away from her.

"Hayley probably heard that you called me baby. So she's gonna think we're together and that I gave up on Y/N. Why are you so fucking childish?" I try to wipe my tears away but that only cause more to fall.

"I'm sorry." Shaina says without emotion.

"Just leave me alone." I say, walking out the room.

"Hey Lani I said sorry." Shaina says chasing after me.

"Fuck off." I reach the front door and slam it after I walk out. A couple seconds later the door opens and I hear Shaina yelling after me. She grabs my arm and forces me to face her.