Coco?

Ok, just to let y'all know, y'all are about 2 months into your relationship. Enjoy....

Your POV

Kehlani pulled me into the house and slammed the door shut behind her, locking it in place. She pulls me into the bedroom and gets out her phone googling ways to decipher codes. My head was spinning and I was confused as to why she was googling that all of a sudden. I looked up at Kehlani and her eyes were focused on what she was reading. I pulled the phone out her hands and grabbed her hands. She huffed and pulled me into her. I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face into her neck. After a minute I looked back up at her and saw she was reading something from her phone again while holding me. I sighed and took it again before looking at her blankly.

"What are you doing? Why are you looking this up all of a sudden?" I ask her. She scratches a spot on her head before giving me a sad look.

"The day you got shot, I was able to get the license plate of the car from the shooting. I told the police and they said they couldn't find any information on it. Eventually they gave up as you know and dropped it. But the weird thing was what the license plate said." She stopped and sighed in frustration then continued.

"It said PBPB but I can't figure out what the hell it means to save my life." She holds her head in her hands and sighs. I grab her hands and pull them away from her face.

"Why didn't you tell me Lani?" I ask her. I had no idea that she got the license plate. I could've helped her figure it out. That was one thing I couldn't stand about Kehlani. She always felt the need to hold things in and keep her problems to herself. She got so worked up and frustrated till she buckled. I gently caressed her cheek and lifted her head to look at me.

"You already had enough on your plate. I didn't want to stress you out more."

I laugh and Kehlani looks at me blankly.

"Babe I'm stressed out a good 98.8 percent of the time. You can tell me anything no matter how bad it is. We're a couple. We have to tell each other stuff like this. Okay?" I ask, giving her a knowing look. She nods before I pull her into a tight hug.

"I need to finish figuring this out. I can guarantee the same bitch that did this was the same one that shot you." Kehlani pulls away from me and gets back on her phone, tapping on a website that explains different ways to write out codes. She gets up and walks to my desk and comes back with a piece of paper and a pen. She looks back at her phone and scribbles furiously on the paper. After a couple minutes of looking back and forth between her phone and the paper she looks up at me and sighs.

"Okay I think I got something. Coco...as in the Coco who came to see you while you were in the hospital?" I freeze and look up at Kehlani.

"She came to visit me?" I ask quietly. Kehlani shrugs and scratches her head.

"Yeah she said I was such a good cousin, looking out for you and all that but when I told her I was your girlfriend she just got mad and walked out."

I let my head fall in my hands. I knew Coco would come back and be a pain in the ass. I just didn't think she'd go that far as to try to kill me. I gave her her chance and she screwed up. Now she's out to get me. It's always the pretty girls that are the craziest.

I feel Kehlani grab my wrists and take my hands away from my face. "Babe? Is there something you need to tell me?" I sigh before looking up into her eyes. Deep chocolate pools swirling with concern and confusion.

"Coco was my ex. We dated for a couple months. Literally 2 months and then I broke things off with her since she cheated. She was also just really..out there if you get what I'm saying so that's another reason why."

Kehlani nods her head. She didn't look upset. Nor not upset. She just looked...I don't know.

"Thank you for telling me. I kinda figured she was an ex based off of how she reacted but I appreciate you confirming things for me." She says emotionlessly, looking back down at her sheet of paper. I sigh and crawl to her, climbing into her lap and pulling the paper away from her. I lift her head to make her look at me and peck her lips.

"Baby don't be like that. I'm with you now. I plan to keep it like that for a long time. You mean so much to me. So much more than Coco ever could. So please don't be mad. Besides that was like 3 years ago. I feel nothing for her like I do you." I say pecking her lips again. "Okay." Kehlani gives me a small smile before looking back at the paper that is now in her hands. I look at it too and furrow my eyebrows. "How'd you come up with Coco anyway?"

"Well I was looking at all the different ways to write a cipher. I tried all of them with the license plate number but none of them made any sense. Unless of course they wanted it to not make any sense. Anyway, I then found another method. The reflect method. Pretty much you write out the first 13 letters of the alphabet and then the last 13 directly under it. We I took the letters from the license plate and reflected them. P is under C and B is on top of O." Kehlani explains. Suddenly it hits me. Coco was always good with codes and ciphers. It would make absolute sense for her to be the one who shot me or set me up to get shot. She visited me at the hospital and saw I wasn't dead. Which means she won't stop until my heart does. Horror spreads over my face. Kehlani notices this and pulls me closer to her. "Babe what's wrong?" Kehlani shakes me lightly and I slowly turn to look at her.

"She won't stop until I'm dead Lani. You're not safe around me." Kehlani's face scrunches up in confusion. "So what? Are you telling me to go? Cause if you are, I'm not leaving you here by yourself when someone is out to hurt you."

"Kehlani, Coco is crazy. Beyond crazy and will not let anyone get in her way. She will hurt you if that gets her closer to me." Again, Kehlani shakes her head lays my head on her chest. "I'm not leaving you vulnerable to some psychotic ex. If I get hurt in the process, then oh well. But I'm not leaving you alone today just for me to find you dead tomorrow Y/N. Be mad all you want." I huffed in frustration. I knew she had a point but I didn't want to admit it to myself. I didn't want to see Kehlani get hurt due to some crazy ass ex. I just nuzzled further into Kehlani's neck and sighed. "I don't want you to get hurt K." She plays with my hair and kisses my forehead. "I know. But you're my priority right now. I'm not worried about my safety. Only yours."

I got butterflies when she said that. She always found ways to make my knees week or my heart flutter. Even after something bad and/or scary happened she could still do those things to me. I hummed in content and closed my eyes. We laid there for a while until I woke up abruptly. Kehlani was screaming my name as she was being pulled away from me by a masked figure in all black. I was about to reach out and pull her back when a black bag was pulled over my face. I was hit on top of the head with something hard and I slowly faded.

Hmm...what just happened?

Coco?

Thanks for reading!!!

Smile