Wake Up

A/N: Hello peeps I've said this before but I'll say it again. I'm not an expert when it comes to this medical stuff. I asked as many questions as I could and went based off the knowledge that I already have but I still really have no clue. I design buildings. I don't fix people. Anyways, enjoy.

Your POV

I've been having dreams. Like a lot. But I never woke up from one. I just kept having them. They were all about Kehlani. Me and Kehlani. How she would hold me and kiss me and tell me that everything is okay. She would protect me and tell me she loves me. And I felt it. But lately I've felt her grow weaker. It seems as if she breaking apart and crumbling in front of me. I want to reach out so badly and hold her together but I can't for some reason. Only then does it hit me that she needs me.

Wake up Y/N. Wake up. Wake up. Kehlani needs you and you need her. Get up. Get the fuck up. Open your eyes and be there for your girlfriend. She needs you. Wake up and hold her and tell her you love her and give her something that she's needed for a while. End her pain and suffering with just a touch of your love. Get up and show your girl she matters.

At first I see nothing. Then I see a thin line of light. My eyes slowly inch open and I take in the view of the hospital room that I'm in. It's nothing but machines, beeping, and tubes. There's a small tv screen in the corner playing spongebob. I feel a small ping of pain in my chest. I look down to see stitches and a small patch right where I got shot. I look around the room. No one's here but me. There's a small note on the desk by my table in very neat and pretty handwriting that says:

Y/N, you have the best girlfriend a girl could ask for. She's been here 24/7 everyday for the past 2 weeks that you were in your coma. I told her...more like argued with her about going home. She said she wanted to be here when you woke up. It's clear that she loves you a lot. She needs you though. She blames herself for your injuries. I'll hear her say that it should've been her on that hospital bed, not you. Go to her Y/N. She needs you.

The door opens revealing a woman in green scrubs. Her red hair is pulled up into a neat bun. Her eyes weren't on me but were instead on a clipboard she had. She didn't realize I was up yet.

"Where is Kehlani now?" I speak up. The nurse looks behind her at the door and pauses, obviously confused.

"Over here love." I say amused. Her head snaps in my direction. When she sees me, she yells for a doctor and runs out the room only to come back with two other people. One of them was wearing a doctors jacket. He looked young. Like early 30s. The other was in blue scrubs. Her curly brunette hair hung at her shoulders. They ran to either side of my bed and started checking my vitals. They held up a flashlight to my eye and wrote some stuff down on their clipboards.

"How are you feeling Y/N?" The doctor asked while he finished writing some stuff down.

"Fantastic. Where is Kehlani?" I ask again. The nurse with the bun who's ID says Ashley smiles at me and rests her hand on mine. "You'll be able to see her soon. We just gotta make sure that you're doing okay first."

"And I said I'm fantastic. Now I'm leaving." I throw the thin blanket they had covering me off and swing myself out of bed. My body aches in a few places and chest hurts a little bit but it's nothing I can't handle.

"Woah woah woah. Y/N sit back down and breathe for a second would you?" The doctor says, grabbing my shoulders. I turn my head towards him and look him dead in the eye.

"Am I responsive?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Are my lungs working properly?" He nods his head slowly again.

"Is my heart still beating?" He nods again.

"Then I'd say I'm breathing just fine." I push past him and search for my clothes.

"Where are my clothes?"

The curly haired nurse pulls out a plastic bag where I see my bloody clothes clumped up. I thank her and take the bag. I turn from the group and quickly change into my clothes from that night. As I change I feel the doctor's eyes scan my body. Fucking perv. I turn back around and scan the room, making sure that I don't leave anything. Ashley hands me my phone. I take it from her and see it's cracked. That must've happened when I hit the floor. I put it in my back pocket walk towards the door.

"Thanks for all your help. Its probably not safe for me to be leaving right now but..my baby needs me."

No one says anything and I take that as my cue to leave. I open the door and walk out the room, letting the door shut gently behind me.

I ended up walking to Hayley's house after I saw my parents. Turns out my mom has been an emotional wreck and my dad locked himself in his office most of the day. He was pissed beyond words but was elated when he saw that I was okay. I reached Hayley's house and nervously rang the doorbell. I didn't exactly know how she was going to react. She'd either be happy that I'm out so early or upset that I'm out so early. No in between. I heard Hayley curse under her breath through the door as she opened it. She was wearing a grey Calvin Clein bra with a black jacket pulled over it and black sweat pants. When she saw me her eyes bulged out of their sockets and she practically threw herself on me.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE OKAY! I CANT BELIEVE IT!" She screamed in my ear. I laughed and hugged her tightly. She jumped off me and pulled away to look at me. Suddenly she gasped and lightly shook me.

"HOLY SHIT DOES LANI KNOW?!?!!"

I shook my head and she pulled me inside, grabbing her phone as we reached the couch. She dialed Kehlani and it rang a couple times before she finally answered.

"Hello?" Kehlani answered, sounding sleepy.

"Hey Lani, you busy?" Hayley asked, shooting me a wide smile.

"Uh no but my phone bout to die so whatever you gotta say make it quick.

"Damn you really need to learn how to charge your phone Lani."

Kehlani smacks her lips and laughs a little. It sounded fake though.

"Man whatever. I'm just tryna sleep and your head ass decides to call me so what can I do for you?"

Hayley laughed and held the phone up closer.

"Uh well I have some news about Y/N." She said, trying to sound as emotionless as possible."

"What?!! I'm on my way just give me-" she's cut off by another voice.

"Baby get off the phone would you." It's another girl's voice.

"Man stop calling me that you weird bro."

"You know you like it." The girl responded.

"Mhm." Suddenly the call was ended and I guessed her phone died.

I sat there shocked at what I heard. I didn't know what to think and I certainly didn't want what I was thinking to be the reality. I heard Hayley sigh as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Damn that's tough." She said lowly.

I nodded. It really is.

Kehlani cheated??

Thoughts? Opinions?

Hope you enjoyed

Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful