What Happened In The Bathroom

Description: "No, no, no..." Chase mumbled, suddenly realising what was going on. Marvin was a few feet away from him, pressing his right hand into his left shoulder. Blood covered the top of his blue shirt. "Marv? Marv, I'm so sorry."

TW: Suicide attempt.

Can't breathe. Can't breathe. Can't breathe.

He was hyperventilating. His head was light and he felt like he was on the verge of passing out but still he couldn't regulate his breathing properly. One hand was wrapped around a gun and the other was on top of his chest, feeling it rise and fall at a rapid speed.

"Chase..." Marvin whispered, taking the tiniest step forward.

"Don't come any closer or I'll- I'll shoot!" The man obviously wasn't thinking straight as he moved the gun to his temple. It was cold, ironically soothing him since he was boiling hot. Tears were streaming down his face as he refused to meet Marvin's gaze.

"Put the gun down..." The magician was keeping his voice as low as possible because he was afraid any sudden noise or movement would cause Chase to pull the trigger. "Please. This is not what you want. Think about what you're doing."

"I have. I can't take it anymore! Just leave me to die!"

"I can't do that and you know that."

"You can. The other egos are so much better than me."

"They are not. We are all equal."

"That's bullshit and you know it. Anti and Henrik get all the attention all the time so obviously they're more important. I'm nothing. I'm a useless human being and a pathetic excuse for a father."

Chase's thumb ghosted over the trigger so Marvin's breath hitched and his eyes widened. "That isn't true."

"It is. Why else would Stacy have left? I just wanted to be a good dad and- and-" Marvin dared to take another step forward so Chase turned the gun to face him instead. "Get away from me! I don't need your help!"

Marvin held out both of his hands in defence. "Please don't do this. We can't live without you."

"You can." Chase's heart was beating loud inside his chest, so much so that it was getting harder to hear what the magician was saying.

"No, we can't. You're my best friend and I need you. You're always there to cheer me up."

"All I do is bring people down. If I shoot- if I- I do this, you'll be free of my burden. You wouldn't need to look after poor old Chase anymore. It's better off this way for everyone."

"No!" Marvin dived forward, just as Chase pulled the trigger. He pushed the gun from Chase's hand as the shot rang out in the air. A scream was heard.

"No, no, no..." Chase mumbled, suddenly realising what was going on. Marvin was a few feet away from him, pressing his right hand into his left shoulder. Blood covered the top of his blue shirt. "Marv? Marv, I'm so sorry."

"Get Henrik." Marvin muttered between gritted teeth. His face was scrunched up in pain and suddenly Chase knew how serious everything was.

"I didn't mean- I wanted-"

"Chase, shut up and just get Henrik!" Chase nodded and rushed out of the room, yelling for the doctor. His fear was evident in his shaky voice so Henrik was quick to come running.

"Marvin... help him, please..." He grabbed the doctor's arm and dragged him into the bathroom. Marvin looked extremely dazed and both of his arms had fallen limp against his sides. Chase watched as the doctor helped Marvin, his arms wrapped around his body as he trembled. It was his fault. He shot his best friend.