it takes two pt.2

Noah's P.O.V

I shot out of bed with tears stinging my eyes.  My breath coming out uneven and my heart racing a mile a minute.  I look to my side and see the bed neatly made, looking like nobody had been sleeping there.  I wipe my tears and roll out of bed and lazily make my way to the kitchen.

"Hey baby!"  She cooed, a warm smile on her face.  "Are you okay?  It seemed like you were having a nightmare last night."  

A nightmare?  A nightmare!  It was all just a dream?

"Wait, so we haven't had our anniversary dinner?"

"No?"  She was confused so it came out as more of a question.

"And you didn't break up with me?" I whispered, looking to the ground.

"What?  Are you kidding?  No, of course I wouldn't break up with you."  She replied whilst standing up and making her way over to me, embracing me in a hug.

I didn't say anything.  I just held her body close to mine and shut my eyes, relieved that the woman I love didn't leave me.  That she still loves me back.  My eyes shot open when I remembered what I needed to do today.  I quickly let go of her and ran to our shared room.

"I-I gotta go do some stuff before our date tonight babe.  I'll see you in a few."  I threw on some clothes and gave her a kiss on the forehead before running out the front door.

Y/N's P.O.V

I giggled at the boy as he ran out of our door and made my way back to the couch, coffee in my hand.  What is he up to?

TIME JUMP - 3:30 p.m

A buzzing noise was what turned me away from my show on netflix and to my phone to my side.  It was a text from Noah.

my love: Check the front door ;)

I tilted my head in confusion but went to the door nonetheless.  I opened it and saw this box laid on the ground with a note on top.  I took the note and read it:

"To my dearest Y/N,

Happy 3 years baby!  I love you so much.  I hope you love this dress cause I can't wait to see you in it later.  See you at 7!

Love, Noah"

I held the note close to my chest and smiled, how did I get so lucky?  I picked up the box and shut the door before carrying it into our room to open.  Inside was  a long navy blue dress with the back cut out and it looked so beautiful.  How does he always know the most perfect things to do/get.

I quickly hopped in the shower to get ready for this clearly magical date.  It took me about an hour to do my hair just perfect and another hour to get my makeup sorted out because I can't seem to do mascara for shit today.  So by the time I finished everything, it was already 6:45.

I put on my dress and went looking for these heels that were always a staple of mine to wear on fancy occasions.  Not too high but they give me a little bit of height.  I literally just finished putting on my shoes when I heard the front door open and in walked Noah, dressed in a suit with a tie matching my dress.

"Woah."  We both whispered, causing the other to blush.  I walked up to him and planted a sweet kiss to his lips.

"You look so good."  I gushed, my hands around his neck.

"Says you.  I've never seen anyone so beautiful."  My cheeks blushed and I looked down to my shoes.  He never fails to make me blush even after all these years.

"C'mon," he began, taking my hand in his, "we have reservations to get to."

We made our way to the car and he opened the door for me like the gentleman he is.  We drove for probably half an hour but it felt like the private time with him flew by.  We stopped in front of... 

"The beach?  Babe, what the fuck?" I laughed, huddling over from laughing so hard.  

"It's cute, trust me."  He laughed back, hopping out of the car and coming to get me.

"M'lady." He bowed, his hand extended in front of him for me to grab.

"Why thank you."  I smiled, taking his hand and hopping out of the car.

He walked me to a picnic that was set up on the sand.  There was a little table on a blanket with chairs.  The sun was setting and it looked so beautiful.  He started to pull me faster to the picnic nearly making me fall over from being unbalanced.  I took a seat and he paced in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing a chip from the bag in front of me.  He smiled at me and looked in the distance, nodding to something I couldn't see.  

I turned around and saw nothing but strangers farther up the beach.  Confused, I turned back to him only to see him down on one knee.  My hands instinctively covered my mouth as tears welled in my eyes.

"Y/N, I've been dreaming of doing this since the day I met you all those years back.  I love your kind nature, the way you're nice to everybody you meet.  I love the way you make me laugh even when I don't want to.  I love how you're always there for me when I need you.  You're so selfless and smart and stupidly beautiful.  Like god, it's ridiculous how beautiful you are.  I just want to be the one that keep telling you that.  I want to be the one that gets to hear your stupid jokes.  I want to be the person you call when you need them.  I want you.  So, Y/N Y/L/N, will you make me the luckiest guy in the world and marry me?"

"Yes.  Yes oh my god YES!" I cheered, jumping up and wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a kiss.  He put the ring on my finger but I barely looked at it, too busy grabbing his face and pulling him in for another kiss.