family bonds

Request for @izabelmitchell !

"It was a one night stand and then we never saw each other again."  I said to my friend who was sitting across from me in our local coffee shop, cooing at Jenna in her stroller.

"Well that doesn't make this okay.  You're a single mother Izabel, you could use the extra help."  I groaned, taking a sip of my drink.

"I don't need help.  Besides, I highly doubt he'd want to help out.  He's out in the world living his best life and I don't want to swoop in and ruin his flow."  She rolled her eyes and stared at me with an annoyed expression on her face.  I sighed and spoke again.

"He probably won't even reply."  I muttered, keeping my gaze on my drink.

"Then what's the harm in messaging him?"  I sighed and took out my phone.  I mean, she has a point.

I pulled up his account on Instagram and got a message ready.  Surprisingly, he still followed me.  I typed up a quick message and read it out loud to my friend.

"izabelmitchell:
Hey Noah!  I'm sure you don't remember me but we hooked up about a year ago.  Now normally I would say that it's weird that I remember that but, you see, something was kind of created because of that haha.  Um so long story short, we kind of have a baby together.  Get back to me if you can/want to.  Uh...bye."

"That was so awkward.  Send it!"  I pushed send and put my phone face down on the table.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous.  It's not like he's even gonna message back let alone read it-"  My phone buzzing cut me off.  I took a gulp and picked it up, turning it around to see I got a notification that Noah replied.  

"I can't-I can't read his reply."  I stuttered, going to put my phone back down before my friend grabbed it.

"Holy shit."  She snickered, handing my phone over to me.  "You're gonna want to read this."  I grabbed my phone and read the message.

'ncentineo:
Izabel?  Wow, I don't even know what to say.  I honestly thought I would never hear from you again, I'm glad I did though.  I have to film but I get next week off.  Do you think I could fly down to meet up with you?'

I smiled to myself and went to reply to him.

'izabelmitchell
I'd love that.  I'll message you my information later.'

4 years later

"Jenna!  Jenna it's time for lunch."  I yelled, walking through my house to try and find the 4 year old girl.

I went into her room.  Nothing.  I went to my room.  Nothing.  She wasn't in the bathroom.  She wasn't in the backyard.  Where was she?  I was about to panic when I heard a little giggle coming from the closet in the main hallway.  I smiled and walked over, pulling the door open and coming face to face with my two bundles of joy.

"There you are!" I cheered, grabbing her and spinning her in the air.  She giggled before I put her down and knelt in front of her with a big smile on my face.

"You silly mommy." She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You walked past us so many times.  She was having a hard time holding in her laughs."  I smiled at him and stood up, her wrapping her legs around my waist.

"Ya, thanks for that Noah.  I was about to have a heart attack."  I laughed, him giving me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, we just couldn't help ourselves."  I pulled him close and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Now, who's hungry for some lunch?" I asked, Jenna throwing her hands in the air from excitement.  She is so my daughter.

I made my way to the kitchen and sat her down in her chair before grabbing her sandwich and placing it in front of her.  I grabbed the ones  I made for Noah and I and sent one his way.

"Thank you my lady."  He grinned, sending me a wink.

"Anything for you."  I replied, turning to look at Jenna who was happily eating away.

I started to eat but Noah's talking interrupted my mind from being 100% entrapped in my food.

"I'm so glad you sent me that message all those years back."  He mumbled mostly to himself but I heard him.  Boy I'm glad I heard him.

"Me too."  I mumbled back, taking a big bite of my sandwich and smiling at him, him smiling back.

"All done!"  Jenna cheered, pleased with herself for finishing in such a short amount of time.  She got Noah's looks, his personality, his everything but she sure as hell got my love of food.