a little rough around the edges

Request for Stories_Never_Lie !

New year, new me. It kind of sucks when you have to move from your cozy home because of no legitimate reason. Okay maybe one good reason. My mom has work obligations resulting in us moving to Miami.

I have to start off in a new school in the middle of the year. So not only do I have to get used to being in a totally new state BUT I'm the weird kid that transfers in the middle of the year. I'm definitely not gonna make any friends.

I slowly made my way up the school steps, ignoring all the looks I got from every student that was passing by. I marched into the school and over to my locker, my eyes glued to the floor with every step I took. I could hear everyone's voices quiet down as I put in my combo and slowly opened the door.

I could hear footsteps approaching me, causing me to spin my head around to see a tall boy with dark, quiffed brown hair walking my way.

"Hey" he said with a smile, me smiling back.

"Hi" I replied weirdly confidently. I'm usually shy around new people.

"You're new I'm guessing. I'm Noah, and you are?"  He stuck his hand out for me to shake, me gladly doing so.

"Abby. And yes, I am new" We both sent each other warm smiles. He has a really nice smile.

"Well then I'm going to make it my job to make sure your school year here goes by smoothly"

"It's fine. You really don't need to do that" I interjected, but he insisted.

"Whether you like it or not, I'm gonna help you out" He stated with a chuckle. I looked down at my feet and smiled, looking back up to see him scratching the back of his head.

"So what class do you have right now?" I pulled my timetable out of my pocket and looked it over.

"I have Biology. Do you happen to know where room 305 is?" I stuck my tongue out as I looked down the hall to try and see if I could find any class numbers. None were the one I needed.

"Yeah! I actually have that class too. Here, I'll walk with you." With that I shut my locker and we walked towards the classroom.

Noah seems like a nice enough guy, I'm glad he's the first person I met here. We entered the class and all eyes were on us.

"Noah" I whispered, taking a big gulp. "What do I do?" I questioned before he put his hand on the small of my back and lead me to a seat.

"Just sit with me. I told you I would make your school year run smoothly so I'll make it run smoothly. First things first, Jones..." A boy sitting beside an empty desk looked up at us. "Move."

"But Noah-"

"Did I stutter?" Noah threatened causing the boy to sigh and grab his belongings before switching seats.

I mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to the kid as I made my way to the seat. Him giving me an understanding expression and looking ahead of the class.

"You didn't have to do that. I could have sat somewhere else." I muttered, pulling my book out of my bag.

"No way, I wanted you to sit with me." He replied with a wink, turning his attention to a boy sitting beside him. I faced the front of the class.

A few seconds passed before I heard a quiet "psst" from my left. I chose to ignore it but the person was very persistent. 

"Psst."

"Psst!"

They sighed. "Hello?"

I turned to look at them, slightly annoyed. "What?"