37

"Y/N, for the last time I said I was sorry

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Y/N, for the last time I said I was sorry. Can you please talk to me?" Joy pleaded, scooting her body closer towards you on her couch while you remained silent, your eyes fixed on the screen of the television.

"Stop being such a diva." With a groan, Joy grabbed onto the both of your shoulders before forcefully turning you around to face her. You glanced your eyes up to see hers staring down right at you, a clear expression of guilt on her face.

"I'm not being a diva" you retorted, casting your eyes elsewhere to avoid Joy's.

"Listen, I've been trying to tell you about Yoongi this whole time" Joy paused, seeing your head lift up to face hers.

"But I couldn't. The others wanted me to keep it a secret because then it would've been like this and you wouldn't have done the mission" Joy finished, her eyes still never leaving yours. You let out a small scoff, turning your attention elsewhere.

"Even if you didn't tell me, the mission still failed. They're still out there and it's my fault." Joy gave a slight eye roll before leaning over to wrap her arms around your body before pulling you close to her chest. You allowed her to hold you close, feeling her hand now stroking your hair before releasing out a sigh.

"Don't say that. We still have plenty of time to finish it-" Joy couldn't finish her sentence as she was interrupted by the sound of the television that was playing in her living room. 

"This just in, coming from the wedding of Mr. Park's daughter, Rose, the father and daughter have recently been arrested." Turning your head over to look at the television, your brows slightly raised up in surprise as you reached a hand out to alert Joy, your eyes still glued to the screen.

"What? Joy, turn up the volume." Nodding her head, Joy reached over to grab the remote to her television before turning up the volume, the both of you now listening closely to the news on the screen.

"With us, we have one of the members of the team, Officer Jeon Jungkook who is the head of the police department to discuss the situation." The television then showcased a taller male in a suit walking up beside the reporter, leaning in close to the reporter's microphone.

"Thank you. It is true, Mr. Park and his daughter have been arrested due to their fraudulent behaviours regarding an illegal business they've been doing." A sudden gasp left yours and Joy's lips as you turned your head to look at Joy with wide eyes.

"That's what it said on the file right?" you asked in confirmation, earning a small nod from Joy as she was still listening to the interview.

"Yeah."

"It was also thanks to our whole team for being able to investigate into this. But they're not only just my team, they're also my closest friends and I'm grateful to be working closely with them." The new reporter gave him a smile, nodding his head at Officer Jeon's reply.