Chapter XVIII

Narrator's POV

"You're in trouble." said Seohyun with his deep voice.

Jannie gulped as she wondered how she was in trouble.

He couldn't have been aware that she went to Jungkook because she lost control right?

Well no.

He is very well aware.

That man is smart and not one to be fooled.

How did he know?

Simple.

One of the men that work for him- which is Kim Namjoon, another genius that can't be fooled, had kept track of Jannie's whereabouts in secret.

So when he saw her go into Seohyun's enemies hand willingly, he sure got some tea to spill.

"Tell.Me. What on earth were you doing, that you and your empty head sent you to the Jeon's house huh?!"he said angrily.

He was getting on Jannie's nerves now.

How on earth could she have controlled herself in that state?

"How should I know?! I couldn't keep control of my own body." she replied with the same amount of anger in her tone.

"Or maybe you just couldn't keep control of your heart." he said coldly.

"My heart? What do you mean?"

"Hahah. You sure are being dumb. Do you have feelings for him?"

Feelings?

She had feelings.

She hated him.

"I hate him! Why on earth would I... have feelings for him."

She avoided eye contact from her uncle.

"Jannie... your body didn't just lose control and sent you to him for no reason. There is a reason. There is for sure a reason. Do you have any clue how much your first bite matters? Did you..."

He avoided even finishing that sentence.

She didn't say anything.

She just looked down.

That was one of her traits.

Whenever she feared of telling the truth, she never lied.

She just went silent.

And silence sometimes is an answer too.

"Jannie... I'm not mad at you. This was something you couldn't control and I know. But it's indeed troublesome." He said.

She looked up at him with a questioning expression on her face.

"Wait.... am I going to be attracted to the first person I bite?!" she asked.

"No that's just a myth from books. It's troublesome, because once you drink blood from a being of another energy or power, that's the only blood your body will accept from now on. Any other blood you drink will taste terrible to you and no matter how much you try drinking it you'll throw up."

She now understands where the real problem is.

But she feels like this is not her fault entirely.

She was only informed she's a vampire like two days before her birthday and she didn't have time and motivation to go and read books and research.

"So... Am I going to die ?"she said scared.

"You're a vampire. Do you think you can just die?"

"So if I jump from the second floor I will be okay?"